Chapter 5

A/N: Hi! :-) Rainy day, Perfect for writing!! 

Avi's POV:

Tonight I went to pick Amber up from the airport. She was surprisingly happy to see me, and I was glad to hear that she enjoyed her trip. The entire car ride home I stayed quiet while she told me all about her experience. She was very excited about it, and that made me happy to see. It's good times like this short moment here that make me love Amber... and wish that I was still IN love with Amber. Even though I understand that not everything is meant to last, it makes me sad to know that this is ending. No matter what, I still care a lot about her, I still want her to be my friend. I know I'll miss her sometimes because, she isn't all that bad. Our deteriorating relationship isn't all her fault, it's just as much mine. Both she and I just aren't good for each other anymore... and soon we'll have to close this book and move on... But for now, I smile and enjoy pleasant moments like these. 

We pull into the lot and carry her luggage in. I sat down beside her suitcase on the bed as she unzipped it and started unpacking right away. We were in a comfortable silence for a moment until she asked:

"So what did you do while I was gone?". I wanted to laugh at her then. As if she didn't know my every move. Of course she texted me non-stop, I hardly had the chance to notice she was gone...

"Uh, mostly PTX stuff." I sighed "A photo-shoot, few rehearsals." The gang leaves for NYC the day after tomorrow. I'm hoping to really make nice with Amber before I go... She hummed thoughtfully, folding a garment, opening and closing drawers.

"You uh, you never did tell me why you were at Kirstie's the other night..." she said without looking at me.

"Do I need to tell you why I was at Kirstie's?" I asked, "Is it important?"

"It's important to me..."

"Amber it really isn't that big of deal."

"Well, if it isn't that big of deal than why can't you just tell me?"

"Because you won't be happy with my answer... Because you're never happy with my answers." I said, she crossed her arms still expecting an answer. "I went over there to hang out with her... because she's my friend."

"Don't you spend enough time with her everywhere else?" she spat, "Like, why do you need to be 'hanging out' with her?" she asked using 'air quotes'.

"Don't you hang out with Jenna and Sabrina?" her coworkers that she frequently went shopping with...

"That's different."

"How?" She didn't have and answer, "Please tell me, what is it you have against Kirstie? Seriously, What did she do to you?"

"I just feel like... you prefer her over me..."

"Why?" I asked sadly... She was my girlfriend after all... I hated to think I made her feel like that.

"It's just! I don't know... The way you talk about her, you're always defending her, and it's the way she looks at you, and the way you laugh at her jokes... and you rarely call her by her name, you've got so many pet names for her. It's always yes Dear, and no dear and Hi Kitty Kat..." I saw a tear stream down her cheek... I hated when she cried... I hated more that this time she had real evidence against me, that I was making her sad. I didn't quite know what to say, because I couldn't deny her accusations.

"I'm sorry." I said standing up and walking to her. I wrapped my arms around her and embraced her tightly. "I'm sorry Amber."... for everything.

"It's ok." 

Trouble.

Two Days Later

I was dead asleep when I heard a faint clicking noise that surprisingly woke me up. I opened my eyes and saw Scott holding in a laugh and Kevin chuckling at his phone... sleep wars

"Mmm... Caught slippin' again." Kevin said shaking his head

"Damnit Kevin" I rubbed my eyes, finally figuring out where I was.

"Yo, pack it up. We land in like 15 min." He said. I started zipping up my jacket and winding up my headphones, putting things back in my backpack. I could hear Esther's cooing voice across the aisle.

"C'mon Kirst," she whispered, "Rise and Shine sweetheart!"

Kirstie's POV

I awoke to Esther slightly shaking my shoulder. I hated cross-country flights but this one wasn't so bad. I actually fell asleep pretty easily. "It's almost time to land," she said. I started packing up, getting ready to go. 

This trip was pretty much just like any other. We land, pack our stuff into a van, check into a hotel, most likely go pack to sleep, and then start working the next day.

The Next Day

We're about to perform a couple songs for Fuse TV. We're in there studio with a small audience ready to get started. Everyone's in a really good mood today. Even Avi, who hasn't been lately. I wonder how things are with Amber. I wonder if he's told her about us making out that day. Esther confiscated his phone about an hour ago because it was going off non-stop. Not only was she completely annoyed with Amber but she wanted him to relax and have a good performance... And she really hates Amber teehee...

The performance went really well! We sang Problem, Can't Sleep Love, and had a request for Daft Punk. We stayed and answered a couple of questions from the audience. It was a really good day. It was around 9pm when we left the studio and a few of us decided to head to a bar. It was only Me, Avi, Scott and Mitch. We got a table and ordered a few drinks, before we know it we were laughing loudly at each other and singing badly to the music. Scott looked at his phone, "Woah, Mitch! You know that new Electronic artist you were just telling me about?"

"Yea?"

"He's performing a set a couple blocks from here in like 20 min, we should go!"

"Oh sweet! You guys wanna come?" Mitch asks.

Avi and I exchange the same look, "Na, I'm good, You?" I ask

"Yea I think I'll stay. We'll see you guys back at the hotel." he nods. They say goodbye and are out the door. "Another round?"

"Yes, Please!" I smile. Avi gets up and comes back with two shot glasses. "Cheers!"

"Cheers!" We throw back the shots and suddenly realize... It's just the two of us. We stare for a moment and share and awkward laugh.

"So uh, how are things with Amber?" I ask nervously. He rolled his eyes, just shrugging his shoulders in response. "Did you tell her about what happened at my place?" I ask. He just shook his head no. He then silently got up and headed towards the bar. He came back a moment later balancing four shot glasses. "Avi!" I whined.

"Shh, drink up!" 

A/N: But wait there's more!