Chapter 15

A/N: It's goin' down fo-real

Kirstie's POV:

A few days have gone by since we told the group about our new relationship. I gave my mom a call back home and told her, she wasn't too surprised. I haven't asked Avi if his parents knew about us... or even if they know he isn't with Amber and that he has a different address now. 

Avi and I have seen each other vaguely for the past two days. I've had to return to the recording studio a few times, he's still fixing up his place to feel more at home. I'm glad to see that we know how to be away from each other without going crazy. My sickness hasn't really gone away. Which is another reason I'm relieved to have not seen Avi lately. He's got questions I don't have answers to. I hope he isn't thinking what I am definitely thinking. I've been wracking my brain, trying to figure out if/when my period was supposed to be here. I don't know... I'm hungry, but I can't eat anything without it coming straight back up. It's like very time I stand up I just know I'm going to be sick.

I decided to turn to my best friend- I called my mother.

"I, think I might be pregnant."

What? really? Her accent getting thicker

"Yea, I've been very sick the last few days... And I'm pretty sure I've missed my period." there was silence. "Mom, I don't know what to do? What do I do?" I broke down, sobbing into the phone.

Have you taken a test, or seen a doctor yet?

"No" I sniffed, just hearing her soothing voice makes every situation feel better

Ok, well start there! Make an appointment, if they can't see you soon, just pick up a test at the drugstore.

"Ok... but what if I really am?" I felt the tears coming back.

Kirst, It will all be alright! You've got a stable career, you've got a place. You're a very grown-up woman now. If you are going to have a baby... even though you feel like you aren't ready, I have faith in you, baby.

"Thanks Mom" I said "What about Avi?"

Well, I don't know... If he's still the same handsome, smart young man I remember him to be I think the two of you will be just fine... If not, you still have me.

"Thanks Mom! I love you."

I love you more! No more tears... Now make that appointment!

Avi's POV:

I've put the final touches on my apartment. Kirst hasn't seen the finished product yet, so I decided to invite her over for dinner. I don't remember the last time I cooked for my friends so I'm really excited for tonight. There was a knock at the door. There she stood, and with Olaf! I loved that dog. 

"Hey, Kit!" I said placing a peck on her lips.

"Hello my dear." she cooed as she glided past me. "oohh! This looks great Avi" she said referring to the finished living room.

"You like?"

"I love!" she said, we spent a few minutes talking and playing with the dog. Something was different about Kirstie tonight. Sure I haven't actually seen her in the past few days... I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Maybe she's just more awake than she was the other day, or maybe she just isn't sick anymore. Her face was almost brighter than normal, something about her smile was warmer than usual. She was gorgeous. Of course she always is, but tonight I can't seem to stop staring at her. She was saying something when I leaned in and hushed her with a kiss.

"Avi!" she giggled, "What was that for?"

"I love you" I shrugged, I pushed some hair behind her ear as she blushed

"Are you even listening to me?" she punched my arm. The timer on the oven went off before I could make up an excuse.

"That's the casserole!" I jumped up dragging her to the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished my plate and looked up to see food still on Kirstie's

"Did you not like it?" I asked

"What? No it was really good!" she smiled "I'm just not as hungry as I thought I was."

"So are you done?" I asked, she nodded and I took her plate. She grabbed the glasses and brought them over to the sink. We stood here for a while passing dishes back and forth. I washed, she dried and put away. I really loved moments like these. Moments that felt like we're husband and wife, doing something as simple as cleaning up after a meal. But it felt perfect. 

A random thought popped into my head, "Hey how has your stomach been?"

"Oh, it's still the same actually..." she got quiet

"Oh yea? That's too bad" I said scrubbing a dish. There was more silence as she dried the final dished and closed them up in the cupboards. 

"I actually saw my doctor yesterday." she spoke up

"Oh good, What did he say?"

"Well I went to the OB-GYN" she looked up at me... I looked blankly back at her... I couldn't for the life of me remember what those letters stood for. "I'm pregnant." oh, that.

We stood there in the kitchen, just looking at each other. I felt like I was made of bowling pins... and she just bowled a strike... In fact I couldn't believe my legs were still holding me upright.

Pregnant. A baby. Pregnant. Kirstie and Avi are having a baby... No... yes... pregnant. I don't know what sort of face I was making, I lost feeling in my face. I was brought back to earth when she began to cry. 

"I'm sorry!" she choked out, covering her mouth. Why would she apologize? I realized that no matter how shell shocked I was, she was feeling 1000 times worse.

"No, No don't apologize." I scooped her into my arms, and held on tightly, "You didn't do it alone, baby."

"It was my idea not to use a condom!" She sobbed, she was shaking. I ushered her to she couch and rocked her back and forth.

"Kirstie, this is not your fault!" I whispered, "I didn't even try to pull out!" I said earning a tearful laugh out of her. She pulled out of my arms and looked up at me. I wiped the tears from her cheeks and kissed her forehead. I wanted her to feel loved and safe.

"Aren't you scared?" she asked

"Yes." I stated bluntly, "But I have you, and there's no one I'd rather do this with."

"I want to keep it." she said. The thought of an abortion hadn't even crossed my mind.

"Then we'll have a baby!" I smiled. "More importantly, how are you feeling?"

"Sick... scared." she said shakily as more tears came to her eyes.

"I'm sorry," I said pulling back into my arms, "You're not alone... you'll never be."

I reached down and placed a hand over her stomach. I didn't know what I was touching, I knew there wasn't really anything to feel yet. I wanted her to feel my love for her, and our baby.

"Oh my God... I'm somebody's Dad."

A/N: And suddenly things are moving really quickly... I mean they've only been dating for like a two weeks... I'm stressed for them and I wrote this thing!