Chapter 17

A/N: I know it's only been for days since I last updated... but it feels like its been months! So I'm really sorry! Just started a new job, we're opening a store at the mall which takes ALOT of work and time!

Anyway! I'm sorry in advance for what is about to happen... so, so, sorry...

Kirstie's POV:

Another month has gone by, which means I'm about 8 weeks pregnant. Avi and I still haven't told anyone about the pregnancy. I've got a bump, but it's teensy tiny. It's pretty easy to hide... I'm starting to feel guilty about keeping this secret from them. We just came from a dinner party that Kevin and his girlfriend Alyssa hosted. It was lovely, but the whole time I was afraid that I would just blurt it out randomly. The look on Avi's face said that he was just as nervous about it. But still we kept that secret, and went on home.

It's a normal night for us, Avi's sleeping over at my place tonight. We kissed goodnight, and drifted off to sleep.

Kirstie's Dream

I opened my eyes, laying in a familiar bed, just not the bed I went t sleep in. I looked around the room at the lavender walls, photo's and trophies hanging by the mirror on the dresser. This is my old bedroom. I'm in the house I grew up in. I heard gentle humming from a voice I knew all too well. I got up and went out into the living room to see someone sitting in the rocking chair in the corner. Abuela, my grandmother! I was filled with joy and warmth to see her again. She passed away when I was in the 10th grade, and I missed her dearly. There she sat, rocked slowly humming a spanish lullaby. Her back was to me but I recognized her curly hair, I could even smell her perfume. I wanted to run up and hug her,but I was nervous. I didn't know what I would say to her. I came around the chair and she looked up at me with a gentle smile.

She was holding something. Wrapped in a small pink blanket was a baby. I didn't know where she got a baby from, but I remembered my own. A happy tear came to my eyes as I sat across from her on the sofa and listened to her lullaby. The room was warm, the lighting was soft. I was so comfortable, and I wanted to stay with them forever.

She finished singing and stood up from her chair, looking down at the child. Without a single word, left the room and headed down the hall. After she left, I got up and headed in the same direction I saw her head back into my room. When I came into the room, she and the baby had disappeared. I felt sad, and suddenly lonely. I went back out into the living room, and all over the house for that matter looking for them. But they were gone.

Avi's POV:

I woke up slowly. The room was still dark, Kirstie was tucked neatly in my arms, her back facing me. I found comfort in hearing her soft breaths. Something felt odd, and cold between us, I couldn't tell what it was. I reached behind me to grab my phone and look at the time. 2:35am. Something caught my attention as the light of my phone shone brightly in the dark room. I turned the phone around and shone it down under the covers. That was odd... What is that? I clicked the lamp on and looked down at myself.

Blood. There was blood all over the front of my shorts. I lifted the covers up and saw a big pool of blood underneath Kirstie, and a stream that trailed up her leg. Her shorts where completely saturated. She was bleeding. I stayed quiet, but my heart started to race. Am I really awake right now? What is going on? I'm shaking and I feel like I could vomit.

"Kirst," I whispered gently shaking her. I looked back down at the blood and felt a second wave of intense panic. "Kirstie!" I shouted, "Wake up!"

"What?" she jumped awake. I whipped the covered off of us to show her what was going on.

"Oh my God! OH MY GOD!" she screamed, there was blood on her arms, and everywhere for that matter. Her eyes started to water as she moved to get out of the bed. 

"Kirst! umm... ok, ok!" I breathed trying to think of what to do. "Umm get in the shower!" She ran into the bathroom and I heard the water turn on as I ripped the sheets off of the bed and took off my own clothes. I piled it altogether and started a load of laundry although I have a feeling its all ruined. Kirstie came out of the bathroom in different clothes, hair half wet, she was still crying, and shaking. I didn't know how to help her, I didn't know what this all meant.

"We have to go to the hospital!" she choked.