Chapter 9

A/N: This chapter is one big therapy session. I hope it isn't boring! Enjoy!

Avi's POV:

Where do you go when you don't know what else to do, and you need a bit of guidance? 

Answer: Your Big Sister.

We've finished up in New York and we head home this afternoon. We've got a bit of downtime before we have to be at the Airport in an hour. I finish packing and text Esther to ask if she could talk for a bit. She reluctantly said yes. I head down to her room. When I get there she's still packing her suitcase. The room is a bit of a mess but I squeeze myself onto the bed, while she runs around the room.

"So what's up?" she asks. I could only let out a long sigh..."uh, oh... what's wrong?" she warns. Esther means business. She wants answers and she wants them now.

"I'm in trouble." I state staring at the floor.

"What did you do?" she smirks

"I slept with Kirstie."

She froze stopping what she was doing to turn her entire body towards me. Her entire face dropped. I could tell she was feeling 6,000 different emotions at once. It looked like she wanted to cry, or stab me... "What?" she said with a small laugh

"I slept with her." I said bluntly

"Kirstie...? Maldonado..." She confirmed. I nodded... "Avi! What the hell is wrong with you?" She whispered bitterly. She was just angry at this point.

"I'm in love with her." I was giving up everything. I was stressed and tired and I didn't want to lie anymore. I wanted to let go of everything.

"Oh you're serious..." She softened. She sat down next to me and rubbed my back as I dropped my head into my hands. "I- I don't understand."

"We went out on friday night, got drunk, and..." I said shaking my head, "But I wanted her... It wasn't just the alcohol, I really wanted to be with her that night."

"Oh... It's all coming back to me now." Esther nodded, "That little crush you had a while back."

"Well that little crush never went away... I let it fester and grow into a monster that cheated on my girlfriend and hurt my best friend by having sex with her while she was drunk." I felt tears beginning to burn in by eyes.

"Avi," Esther cooed. "You made a mistake, but you aren't a bad guy. Have you talked to Amber?"

"Not yet."

"What about Kirstie?"

"We talked last night. She forgave me." I said

"See, that's good!" she smiled

"I told her how I felt. That I was in love with her... She didn't believe me."

"Well this is a pretty big adjustment. You guys went from platonic friends to lovers in one day... with NO warning. It's a lot for her to process from you while she's trying to sort her own feeling out too."

"Honestly, do you think she could ever see me as more than a friend?" I asked trying not to sound as desperate as I was.

"Honestly? I was surprised when you both started dating other people... I mean, it was obvious that you guys sort of liked each other... you still do flirt just as much sometimes." She explained, "But she was probably doing the same thing you were... Just trying to be professional... and make the right choices."

"Yea maybe."

"I think there's hope!" she perked up.

"You do?"

"Well sure! You're both much older now, much more mature than you were when it was just a crush. You're two new people that I'm sure have learned a lot... maybe when this storm clears, you two will really be ready for each other." she patted my back, "Don't give up on her just yet." she whispered.

I turned and pulled her into a hug. I knew I was right to come to her. "Why do you always know what to say?"

"It's my job to have all the answers." She winks.

Kirstie's POV:

"Woah! For one girl, you sure bring a lot of crap everywhere with you!" Scott said looking around my tornado stricken hotel room. I don't even remember how it got this way.

"Oh my God, are you gonna be ready in time?" Mitch asked.

"Ladies, Ladies, please... I'm a professional procrastinator." I joked. "Ugh, actually this is a bit extreme... My whole life looks like this right now..." I say

"Are you alright, girl?" Mitch asks, "You've seemed little down the last couple days... you usually love being in NYC." I just remembered that the last time I really talked to these two was at the bar on Friday before they left...

"Hey, what did you an Avi end up doing after we left on Friday?" Scott asks, reading my mind... It all suddenly rushes back to me. The guilt, the confusion, the passion, Avi's apologies... Before I can stop myself, there are tears falling. I stay quiet for a moment too long.

"Kirst?" Mitch perks up, noticing my current state, "Hey, what's wrong.?"

"Kirstin, what happened?" Scott asked. "Did Avi do something? 'Cause we'll kill him for you."

"I slept with him," I whispered. Have you ever seen someones jaw hit the ground, like in a cartoon? Because that's what was staring back at me right now.

"How was it?" Mitch asked. Scott slapped his arm, "Ow, what?" These two did make me laugh, despite my sadness. I sat down next to them.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do." I say resting on Scott's shoulder.

"Wait, why did you do that?" He asks,

"Alcohol..."

"Kirst, let's be real here... You like-like him don't you?"

"...yea" I sigh

"And you know he likes you back right?"

"He told me he's in love with me." I say. Their eyes got big and they exchanged the same look.

"I'd believe him."

"I would definitely believe him!"

"But, I just can't understand... This is SO much to take in. After years of friendship, we have a one night stand, where he cheats on his girlfriend, then all of a sudden he's in love with me?"

"Well... I don't think it's really that 'all of a sudden', ya know?" Mitch says.

"Definitely wasn't a one night stand!" Scott says, "I have a hard time believing Avi would think of it that way... I'm telling you Kirst. We see what you've probably over looked... He's into you... I mean REALLY into you."

"And he has been for a while now..."

I want Avi, badly. I've fallen for him, over and over again for the past few years. Now, it's starting all over again. Every time has ended the same... why should this time be different? He still has a girlfriend. Even thought I helped him cheat, I can't stop thinking of the possibility that he could do the same to me... He's never been that sort of guy. What is it about me that made him lose control like that? I need to talk to him again. 

"But seriously, how was it?" Mitch asks quietly

"Yea how was it?"

"Amazing..." I sigh falling back on my bed.

"Oh Kirstin" Scot laughs patting my knee. "You're in trouble... But it's gonna be ok! I promise."

A/N: I promise!! It's ALL gonna be ok!!