Chapter 8

Kirstie's POV:

"Can I come in?" He sighed. I must have looked like an idiot, just standing there. I stepped aside and he stepped passed me. "I really needed to talk to you..." I just stared back at him, "...about last night?". I still didn't respond.

"I'm sorry, Kirst." He started. "I'm an idiot, and an asshole. What I did was wrong."

"You didn't do it alone." I said, surprised I still had a voice.

"I... Listen." he sighed "I don't want you to think that this is your fault. It's not. I'm the cheater, I'm the lying moron. You were drunk and I should have stopped myself... I COULD have stopped myself... but I didn't."

"Why didn't you?"

"I wanted you." there was silence for a moment.

"Why?"

"Because... I'm in love with you Kit."

Avi's POV:

She made an almost comical face. Raising one eyebrow. It almost looked like she wanted to laugh. She silently shook her head no.

"Yes..." I insisted. she continued to shake her head in protest. "Yes! Kirstie Yes... It's true. I'm in love with you." she sat on the edge of the bed, arms crossed. It stayed quiet for a moment.

"Where you in love with Amber?" she asked

"At one point, yes."

"Why?"

"I was lonely, and horny. She was pretty, we laughed at the same jokes, and liked the same movies. And In my short life experience, I thought that was love."

"Where you lonely and horny last night?" I saw tears beginning in her eyes.

"I was lonely, but I was also in love with you." I said. She turned away from me as more tears fell. I wanted to wrap her in my arms but I was afraid she didn't want me to touch her.

"You just said you where wrong about what love is... and you're in love... with me?"

"I have been for a while."

"Avi, shut up!"

"I'm serious." I pleaded. "Do you remember back in 2012, when we performed at the Spaulding Sessions?" she nodded "and I sang a song I wrote called Lovely Lady... I wrote that song about you."

"...Really?" she whispered.

"You gave me crazy, abnormal feelings... and with so much at steak... with our careers just taking off, I was afraid of these things I had never experienced before... So I conditioned myself to believe you where my best bud... And nothing more." I wanted to cry myself. "After every failed relationship, my mind brought me back to you but... why would you want to be with me? So I'd move on." I sat down next to her. "I lost control of myself last night... and I indulged. I'm sorry, that this all happened the way it did."

"You where drunk."she said bitterly

"I wish I wasn't... It wasn't just sex." I stuttered out. 

"I don't believe you, Avi." 

"But I mean it-"

"We've been friends for the last four years" she said, "Nothing has ever changed... I just- I don't understand... and I can't accept what you're saying- at least not right now." she sniffled, and wiped a tear. "But I forgive you." 

I broke down. This woman amazed me. I just cried... there was nothing else I could say. She opened her arms to me, and wrapped me in a hug. We rocked back and forth as she stroked my head. I focused on the sound of her heartbeat and finally calmed down. She released me slightly, and I looked into her eyes. I felt her small hands around my face as she drew me closer, and pressed her lips to mine. I didn't stop myself from wrapping myself around her, and breathing her in. We pulled apart and just sat there. Eyes closed, touched foreheads, breathing.

Kirstie's POV: 

I made Avi leave soon after. We both needed sleep. I couldn't get his words out of my head. I suddenly remember the song Avi told me about... it had been so long since I had heard it, I couldn't remember the melody. I pulled my laptop out and opened up YouTube. I typed 'Avi Kaplan Spaulding Sessions'. The first video in the results was titled 'Lovely Lady' just like he said. I clicked on it. There sat Avi, with a guitar. His face, a little rounder, his hair much shorter. I smiled at the memory of that young man, my friend. He began... and it all rushed back to me... and it all made sense.

Oh.

He felt that way? About me?

A/N: This is a really short one, I HAVE NO LIFE Y'ALL. I went ahead a wrote three chapters because I won't have time tomorrow, so to make it up to yous... here ya go!! It's IMPERATIVE that you watch the video if you haven't already seen it!!