Part 1

Sonic sat outside tails' room waiting for the twin tail to say he could come in; after about an hour the young fox let him in, the room was much cleaner than when he first came, no papers scattered everywhere or scraps of metal on the floor, his tools where hung up nice and neatly, his bed was made and his desk was clear of the clutter and neatly organized.

"Whoa, dude you've been busy!"
"Mom said I had to clean up or she'd clean it for me."
" Oh, alright well, what would you like to do?"
"Wanna go bother old man vector?"
"Nah, he's no fun."
"Hm."

They sat there in silence for a moment, Sonic's mind began to wonder home; his mother sitting on the front porch, waiting for him to come home from his run, imagined Sally dressed all up for the date they had planned for the night he disappeared, even imagined Eggman waiting for they're regularly scheduled battle; all quickly realizing he was never coming home, all searching for him for a few days but all eventually coming to realize he was gone, none knowing what really happened to him. He began to wonder what they thought happened to him, did he get lost? Is he hurt? Does he need help? Is he dead?
The last one sent chills up his spine, his mind was ripped back into reality when Tails jump shouting 'Aha!' Sonic quickly shielded his ears from the stroke of presumed genius.

"Dude! I'm right here you don't need to yell!"
"Speak for yourself, I just had a brilliant idea!"
"Well yeah, people get those sometimes."

Tails glared at the sarcastic hedgehog, wanting to be taken seriously he took a deep breath to prepose his so-called 'brilliant idea'.

"Let's build a plane."

Sonic sat there for a moment dumbfounded and feeling stupid for doubting the intelligent 12 year-old. But then noticed one crucial piece of information needed to create this project.

"With what?"
"Oh, right"

Sonic scoffed slightly, amused with himself that he was being smarter than this genius for once instead of sounding like an idiot.

"Metal! We can get all kinds from the abandoned temple that's a few miles from here, we can build it there an keep it there too, it'll be our own secret hide out, oh as long as we're back in time for supper, mom doesn't like it when I'm out past dark."
"Can you blame her? Is the temple even within Shadow's territory?"
"Well, yes and no, it's kinda close to one of the other tribes and kinda laps over into it, but don't worry I don't think the tribe's alpha will care too much."

Sonic stared at him suspiciously for a moment.

"Which tribe?"
"Silver's."
"East mountain right?"
"Yep, we only can't go near Mephilis' tribe."
"Honestly I feel safest here close to everyone's homes."
"The temple's safe too! Silver doesn't eat mobbians, he's the one that's given me all these books from your world.
"Really?"
" Yep."
" Alright then, first thing tomorrow morning we head to the temple an take a look around."

Tails smiled, happy he was able to convince Sonic it would be safe to go, he eagerly gathered a few things placing them in a bag, and making a list of things they would need to find or bring with them, his joy over powering him and causing him to run around the room crazed with happiness. Sonic smiled and shook his head chuckling to him self at the sight, eager to go as well.