Part 21

Sonic sat outside the home, staring up at the night sky and imagining how Shadow's meeting was going. He jumped slightly when the door slammed open, Silver slithered out seeming extremely irritated as he headed back to his lands, Mephilis and Knuckles quickly followed, making their way back to their own territory. Sonic watched confused as they left, then remembered what one of the topics were for that evening's meetings and blushed.

"Sonic..."

His ears perked and her turn to face Shadow. "H-how'd it go?"

Shadow didn't answer only picked him up and carried him inside.

"S-Shadow?"

Sonic stared up at the large beast, his ears pinned back and a concerned look in his eyes. What's wrong with him? Why is Shadow acting this way? Am I to blame? Will...Will I have to leave? These thoughts cut like knives through the cobalt's heart, fear consumed him at the imagination of leaving this place behind. Shadow sat him gently on the bed and sat next to him. Silence. This tension was killing Sonic, heneeded to know what happened in that meeting.

"Sonic..."

Sonic's ears perked, "Y-Yes?!" he hesitated, curious but scared to hear what the snake had to say.

A smile crept onto Shadow's tan muzzle, and gently slid his hand over his lover's.

"They accept us."