Part 17

Shadow's ears twitched, backing away instantly.

"W-What?"

"...no..."

Shadow stared at Sonic whom's face was bright red, staring at the floor with scared eyes and his ears slicked back.

"Sonic, what's wrong?"

Shadow placed himself next to the timid mobbian, gently smoothing down a few out-of-place quills.

"..."

Not a word

"Sonic?"

"I...I don't wanna move so fast..."

Shadow chuckled slightly, pressing his head against Sonic's gently.

"You don't need to rush, Sonic...I will wait until you're ready, but I warn you I won't wait forever, my dear."

Sonic blushed at the pet name, if you could call it that, quickly jolting his head up to meet Shadow's majestic ruby orbs. Swiftly being pulled into a delicate kiss that warmed his trembling heart. He smiled sweetly, carefully leaning head his on Shadow's side, as Shadow wraps an arm around him. Shadow yawns, baring his large fangs. sending chills down Sonic's spine.

"Let's get to bed...I'm still drowsy from hibernation..."

"Are you serious, you just woke up from three months of sleep!"

Shadow chuckled nervously and laid down on the bed, pulling Sonic down with him. The young cobalt sighed and curled up with his new "lover".