Part 6

Sonic lays on the bed still incapable of movement from shadow's torment. He hears the door begin to open, fear starting to fill every fiber in his aching body, A scarlet echidna slithers into the room a worried look upon her face.

"Are you okay, Sonic?"

Sonic nods breathing a quiet sigh of relief when he recognizes the naga as Tikal.

"W-Why did h-he do t-this to m-me?"

Tikal sighs and slithers over to him, gently sitting on the side of the bed and carefully stroking his quills.

"Sonic tell me...do you have a wife? Kids?"

"I...I had a girlfriend...w-why?"

"From what Silver told you, what do you think Shadow feels towards you?"

"I....I dunno, p-protective?"

"Then why do you think he lashed out like this when he noticed you had gone to see Silver?"

"....I....I d-dunno..."

"Hm...well, Shadow's just found out that Scourge will be put to death on the first day of summer, he has requested that ,do to his actions, I take you away from him and keep you safe at my home..."

Sonic felt a little relieved by this, not only would he go home but he wouldn't have to stay with Shadow anymore.

"But I'm not going to."

His heart drops.

"I'm going to leave you hear with him and he will take care of you, he didn't break anything on you, thankfully, however, it is your fault that this happened. You were oblivious to Shadow there for made a monster lash out not at you but at Silver. I'm not doing this to punish or upset Shadow even farther, but I will not bring myself into the middle of this pathetic fud, be a little more observant, Sonic. I could do you some good."

Sonic is dumbfounded, staring in disbelief as Tikal leaves the room. From the living area Shadow notices she's not carrying Sonic to leave with.

"Tikal, what's going on, why do you not have Sonic?"

"He wishes to stay with you." She states calmly and leaves without another word.