Part 18

"Sonic? W-What are you doing here?" Tails stared at his friend in disbelief.

"Um...Well..." 'Oh Chaos, I can't tell him, he's just a kid.' "I figured I was just being scared for no reason. Sides, I can't really just leave you here all alone, we still have a plane to build!"

Tails smiled nervously at Sonic, scratching the back of his head and rocking back and forth on his heels.

"You actually wanna help me build that? Even after what happened up there with Silver, and down here with Shadow."

"Let's just say I have a feeling Shadow won't be as upset, and Silver won't bother us...."

Tails raised a brow at the cobalt, it was like the teen had taken a spiritual retreat over the winter. He wasn't jittery, or nervous about Silver or Shadow, he didn't seem scared anymore, and Tails could have sworn he saw a slight glow around him.

"Sonic, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, even better now that your mom's love potion is gone." Smirks, implying that he wasn't particularly fond of her using that on him.

"Heh...oh, y-you know about that?" He chuckled nervously, as if he wanted to avoid that subject.

"Yeah, I do. If you guys wanted Shadow to mate so badly then you should have gone about it in another way."

Tails lowered his ears, ashamed of how his mother had put that curse on his friend.

"I'm sorry..."

Sonic snickers.

"Don't worry about it, Tails. Your mom just wanted Shadow to be happy. So, are we going to build this plane or not?"

Tails smiled slightly and nodded, following Sonic up the mountain to the old ruins.