Part 10

"So, you aren't leaving?"

"Nah, they all probably think I'm dead anyway, Uncle Chuck will have a heart attack if I just randomly showed up back on his front porch one day out of no where, and Sally's probably already got a new boyfriend, and the freedom fighters will take care of my moms grave...I'm sure of it."

Tails stared at his friend, bewildered as to how he manages to smile through all these depressing things; loosing his family for Shadow, giving up his love for Shadow, even giving up role as caretaker of his mother's resting place, all for Shadow. He is starting to doubt his mothers choice of poisoning him with the intoxicating fabrication now concealing Sonic's kind heart. He thinks back to how his mother told him.

"I simply smoothed enough in his quills to last only long enough for his feelings to become real, it won't hurt him, he'll be the same person just with forged emotions for the time being."

Tails pouts This isn't Sonic

"Tails, are you okay?"

"Yeah...yeah I'm fine, just tired I guess."

"Alright, well, I'm gonna head home then, you get some rest, we'll work on the plane tomorrow." He smiles coolly, gently ruffling the younger's hair before speeding off.

That's not Sonic
"I need to tell Sonic...No...I need to tell Shadow, he deserves to know."

Sonic reaches Shadow's home within a matter of seconds, and climbing down into the tunnel. He cautiously heads towards the living area in hopes of finding Shadow. Nothing. He wonders around the large home, not finding a trace of the ebony naga; only one room left. The bathing room. Sonic sighs, loathing the idea that he would have to go in there.

"I hate water." He groans, pushing a gap just big enough for him to slip in.

Shadow lays there in the steaming water, his eyes closed, breathing shallowly as if he's sleeping. His face soft and calm, his head leaning back on the edge of the giant tub's side, comforted by a folded fluffy fabric; his lips warm and enticing, luring the young hedgehog closer. Upon closer inspection, Sonic could see the perfect tone of his flawless body, his muscles capable of unimaginable strength. Sonic blushes and lays on his stomach just behind the alpha's head, and wrapping his arms over his shoulders; rubbing his chest gently, receiving an eager purr from the other.

"Sonic...you're home early." He moans, reaching one of his large hands up an placing it on one of Sonic's much smaller ones.

"Tails was tired."

Shadow smiles slightly, tilting his head back just enough to see Sonic's emerald eyes, the pink ring still present but unnoticed.

"Would you care to join me?"

"You know I hate water."

"And you know I would never let you drowned."

Sonic shakes his head staring at the water with fear till Shadow snaps him out of it.

"How is it that you would get clean if you hate water so much?"

"I'd take showers."

"Showers? I guess I'll be asking Tails if he can figure out how to make one then won't I?"

"It's not that hard to install one, just need to figure out where and how to work with the water."

"Well then, Tails has the blueprints, he's the one who figured out how to make this water system for us, before this we just washed in the river."

Sonic giggles, an hugs Shadow from behind, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. Shadow smiles, reaching his other hand around and running it through his quills.