Part 15

Shadow slithered along the hidden path, a dark cloud hung over his heavy heart. His thoughts swirling around in his head like an angry storm threatening to blow down every home in sight. His eyes focused on the ground as if it would offer him some sort of comfort.

"Shadow!!!"

His ears twitched.

"Sonic? No...I must be hearing things...Sonic went home..." He continued his way back to his tribe.

"Shadow, wait up!!!"

"It must be, who else could it be?" He turns just in time to see Sonic rushing towards him, moving too quickly to stop, he collides with the large naga, toppling over him in a spiral roll through the dirt, instinctively Shadow coiled around him protectively, taking the hard blow of a tree for him. He groaned.

"S-Shadow! I-I wanna stay with you!"

Shadow blinked, his confusion obvious to even a stranger.

"w-what? But, Sonic, I thought you hate me..."

"No! No, Shadow, I love you!"

A vibrant shade of blush invaded Shadow's face, it even managed to reach his ears a tiny bit. It's a joke, surely this is just a sick joke.

"Sonic, I don't play games."

"I'm serious, Shadow! Here!"

Quickly Sonic opened the box and slipped the golden ring with the engraving on it onto Shadow's ring finger.

"Please, I'm being dead serious. I truly love you, Shadow!"

Shadow stared at the young cobalt on top of him, he couldn't believe his ears. How could this be true? He acted so scared up until now.

"Prove it, a ring may be proof to your kind, but for my people it's more sentim-mph!"

Sonic cut him off with a warm passionate kiss, their tongues battling for dominance. Once they broke Sonic locked his hands with Shadow's who was looking at the box. Shadow unclasped one of his hands from Sonic and removed the other ring.

"I believe you...and I love you too." He smiled, slipping the ring onto Sonic's ring finger. "Sonic the hedgehog, will you be my mate?"