Chapter 3: "I'm all up for it!"

"A-a song together?", Charlie asked, bemused. I could tell he didn't expect this, but you know, when you see an opportunity you take it.

"Yes, you're very talented, Charlie", I add. I know we just met, but I think you're a real cool guy. Your vocals are 'on point', and you're good looking. I bet you'd make it BIG in the music industry. Please think about this. I'd really appreciate it."

He sigh, chuckled and covered his face with both hands, "Ohmygosh..", I heard him mumble. I was hoping he'd say yes, because who doesn't want to make a fortune singing? He took me by surprise when he uncovered his face, and simply said, "No."

"Oh, c'mon. What's so bad about singing?", I ask. I was clearly disappointed with his response.

"Just everything. I'm a very shy guy..."He trails off the subject, and I'm just there left, listening to him talk about his voice flaws, and stage fright. He spoke for what seemed like 5 minutes.

"..and there was also this school play where I was forced to sing in front of hundreds of people. It was terrible.", He said.

"Charlie, this isn't a school play. You're actually getting paid to sing, and make people happy with your music.", I sigh. "Here, I'm going to give you my number, and I want you to call me if you ever change your mind." I gave him my number, and after 15 minutes of talking, he had to go. He mentioned something about meeting with his brother.

I sat on the couch for a while, finished my drink, and eventually, got up to wash our mugs. When I walked into the dining room, I noticed his jacket was still laying on my table.

Oh, it's Charlie's jacket..

I picked it up, and the second I moved his jacket, the sweet aroma of his cologne embraced my soul. Oh my gosh! I put his jacket around my shoulders, and I twirled around in it. I wanted his sweet scent all over me.

I turned on my music player, and an old Bruno Mars song came on.

"When I see your face,
there's not a thing that I would change
cause you're amazing,
just the way you are."

I thought of Charlie's face. His hazel eyes, his smile. I also thought of his right eyebrow. He had a scar, or at least it looked like it. Beautiful skin tone, and a fantastic personality. I wonder if he'll ever call me. Or see me again..

*-3 days_later-*

I was laying in bed, with a book, and Charlie's jacket folded neatly next to me. It's absurd that he hasnt even called or let me know if he had agreed to my offer or not. Am I being too pushy? I mean, we just met. I can't really expect for him to call me every minute.

Then it dawned on me. He had a girlfriend. Or he probably did. I never asked him. I literally just flirt with him the entire time. I'm a terrible human being. I close my eyes, and swore under my breath. Idiot. Imbecile. Whore. Skank. Egghh. I felt terrible. I looked over at my clock, and it read 11:11pm.

11:11, please help me. Can you get Charlie to call me? That's all I ask of you.

I felt stupid, but I had to make that wish. I always make a wish at 11:11. I wonder if it'll actually come tr--

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing. My heart beat instantly starts to increase, and the butterflies take their place, and gnaw my insides. My phone rang once...twice...three times. Oh, where was it? I reached under my blanket, and find it buried in Charlie's jacket. I look at the caller ID, and my whole life practically shatters. It was just an operating system. A "1-800" phone number. I reject the call, and just as I'm about to throw my phone, another number pops up. A Californian phone number. Could this be him?

I answer it, and almost silently, whisper, "Hello?"

"Hey Meghan, It's me, Charlie." His voice sends warmth throughout my body, and start blushing like a weirdo. But wait. I'm supposed to be mad at him, I thought.

"What makes you call at this hour?" I ask.

"Oh, were you sleeping?", he asks.

"No, I was reading. You're fine. How are you doing?" I ask him, nervously.

"I'm doing fine. Listen, I was thinking about that song you offered to sing with me, and I'm all up for it.", he says.

Thank you, 11:11!

"Yes?! Oh, this is fantastic news, Charlie!" I shout through the phone. I giggle, and whisper into the phone. "Sorry for blowing up your ears, by the way."

"It's alright, Meghan. It'll be an honor to have my ear blown up by you" he says, and softly chuckles.

"Ok, let me blow it up for real now." I say through giggles. "No, I'm really glad you agreed actually. That just made my night.. week, actually.", I say.

"Hey, Meghan, I wanted to ask you something.", he said. His voice had gotten smaller, and it made me anxious to find out what he'd be saying next.

"Oh, you can ask me anything. I'm all ears.", I say, in the same tone.

He chuckles.

"It's uh- it's cause I had the weekend off, and uh- I dunno, I wanted to know if you'd like to.. you know, hang out, this weekend, with me....maybe?"

I could tell he was holding his breath on the other side of the line. It made me feel beautiful on the inside.

"You mean like a date?", I ask, obviously waiting for him to say "yes".

"Yeah..Well, to work on the song too! I'd like to get started on that right away.", He says.

"Ok.", I calmly reply. "That sounds great."

He sets the date to Saturday, at 1:15pm. I was happy becau-- wait. Tomorrow is Saturday! What am I gonna wear? Should I do my makeup? Was I wearing makeup the day I met him? I'm overthinking this. He has a girlfriend, anyway. Probably. I don't know, but I'll keep it at that. I wouldn't want him thinking I'm a complete weirdo.

Tha night, I dream about Charlie.

I dreamt about his voice, and how sexy he sounded when he sang Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on". In my dream, Charlie serenaded me, and he leaned in close to me, let our lips touch, but didn't kiss me. Instead, he leaned close to me ear, and whispered, "Let's Marvin Gaye, and get it on" With that, I woke up.

Author's Note:
Bonsoir, readers! I'm trying to update daily. If y'all see a bunch of grammatical errors, I'm sorry. I'll try revising it a little more in the future. If you've actually read this far, you need a pat in the back. Thanks. ❤
-Rocy