Chapter 5: "It was made to excite you"

It has been almost a week since I last saw Charlie. I don't know what kind of schedule he has, but if he wants to write a song, and have a music career, he's ought to at least leave some time for me. It bothers me more knowing that he is talking to someone else. He is choosing that girl over me. I don't know what to think. Should I call him? Maybe text him? It's worth a try. I really missed him.

Me: Charlie, I'm sorry to bother. I just wanted to know if you could make it to my apartment this week. We won't get anywhere if you don't show up at least twice in a week.

I wait about 3 minutes, before I give up and believe he's never going to answer. After 10 minutes, I decide to shower. If he doesn't want to reply, then I don't know why I'm waiting like a fool. But then again, that's just something love does to you. Love makes you a fool.

I shower for about 30 minutes, and when I get out, I check my phone, first thing. There. 7 minutes ago, I recieved a message from him. No, not even one. There were 3 messages from him. I open the first one, and I am really shocked with the reply.

Charlie: Who the fuck is this?

Woah. Was this even Charlie replying? I went on to read the second message.

Charlie: Excuse me, bitch. Didnt you just read my previous message? Who the fuck are you, and what do you want? My boyfriend doesn't want you. Fuck off, and respect our relationship.

Our relationship? Boyfriend? Okay, either he lied to me, or he already "popped the question". Pathetic, really.

Charlie: I'm gonna fucking kick your ass when I find out who you are. Just watch, bitch.

Okay. I don't even know this girl's name, and she's already threatening me?

I wanted to reply "You wanna know who is this? I'm your competition, bitch!", but then I remembered that Charlie doesn't like me like that, so I delete the message.

I decided to call his phone. I wasn't about to have this conversation with a stupid girl through text messages. I dialed his number, and allowed the phone to ring 3 times. I was about to hang up, when someone answered.

"Meghan,", he said. His voice sounded very tired. As though he just finished jogging. Or doing some heavy exercise." I'm very busy. I'll call you later. I have to go, bye." And with that, our conversation was over. Just like that.

His voice sounded tired, but busy. What was going on? Were they getting it on while I replied? What the fuck?

"Ugh!", I yelled, and threw my phone across the room. "HE CAN GO FUCK THAT STUPID BITCH BUT NOT VISIT ME? WHAT THE FUCK!"

I don't remember ever feeling this angry. I was so angry with him. With everything. "I just want to sleep.", I thought. "Sleep is all I want on my mind."

Then, I crashed.

I woke up, 3 hours later, with a loud knock on my front door. It was about 7 pm, and it was very dark outside. I checked through the little hole on the door, and I saw Charlie on the other side. I wasn't very excited to see him.

I sighed, then opened the door. A fake smile decorated my face, and he smiled back.

"Meghan!", he shouted, with joy in his voice. He seemed happy to see me.

"Hey, Charlie. Come on in.", I replied, with a bored tone.

"What's wrong, Meghan?", he asked.

"You haven't showed up all week. I got hate mail from your phone, and you showed up at this hour." I reply. 'Also, you were with that bitch', I wanted to say, but I stayed silent about that.