Chapter 15: "I kissed him like no one was watching."

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept waking up, and finally at about 3:40 am, I got out of bed. Might as well go to the hospital.

I put on a simple black shirt, jeans, and my grey coat. I head out, and walk to my car. I hardly used it. I've tried to do more things on my own, to lose unnecessary weight, and to be healthier. Unfortunately,  a girl that plans on killing me any day now is on the loose, and I'm not trying to die. It's also kinda cold outside. Stupid New Jersey weather.

I drove to the closest store, and bought a bunch of flowers. I also got 2 'get well' balloons. I couldn't wait to see his expression when he saw me with the balloons.

I was walking around trying to find a cute teddy bear, and I saw a familiar person.

Could it be?

They walked into an aisle, and I followed behind.

Holy cow, it was Peter!

I gasped very loud, and he turned around.

"Crap!", I muttered to myself.

I tried turning the shopping cart around swiftly, but he saw me. What was the point.

"Meghan.", he said.

"Peter.", I respond.

He walked closer to me, and I shut my eyes. The events of that last night with him circled around my brain. I was hoping he didn't bring that up.

"What are you doing here so early?", he asked.

"I- uh. You know, shoppin'", I said, sarcastically.

"At four in the morning?", he asked.

"Well, yeah. Why not?"  I say. "What about you? Shouldn't you be getting your beauty sleep?", I said.

"I couldn't sleep, and I didn't have anymore chocolate bars. Therefore, I came to buy some.", he looked into my shopping cart. The flowers, balloons, teddy bears, and the 'get well' cards.

"Who's in the hospital?", He asked.

Tears form in my eyes again, and I hesitate to say Isaac's name.

"My friend, Isaac...", I said. My voice began to crack. I couldn't tell him his best friend damaged my best friend.

"What happened?", he asked, concerned. "Is he going to be okay?", he asked.

"I- I'm sorry,  Peter. I wish I had something better to tell you, but...", I said, crying already.

"What is it, Meghan?"

"It was Claire. She dated my best friend for a couple weeks, and she nearly killed him yesterday. Because of me. She wants to destroy everything I love...", I could barely finish the last sentence. I was so choked up in tears.

"Claire did what?!", he exclaimed. "My Claire? Benavidez?"

"Yes! She beat his head with an object, and she still had the audacity to stab his chest. Gladly, it wasn't his heart."

He covered his mouth. He was as shocked as I was. He didn't expect this.

"Can I go to the hospital with you?", he asked.

"Yeah. You could follow me, if you want.", I said. I was glad he wasn't bringing up our previous dispute.

"I haven't heard from her since the day we came back from the trip. I thought she moved back with her parents in Colombia."

He hasn't heard of her since then?

"Do you know why she did that to Isaac?", he asked.

"Well, I suppose it was our fight. After we got home she visited me. She picked on me, and we fought. Like fist punches, and broken heels kinda fight. Charlie chose that time to walk in and she thought he was cheating on her with me, so she threatened to kill me.", I said.