Chapter 11: "I might be looking for a late night friend."

I ran, and I ran, but she kept scratching my back. She was less than 3 feet behind me, and she had cat ears, and a cat tail. She was like a panther. She was getting ready to pounce.  Getting ready to dig her claws into my flesh, and kill me. Claire was finally going to kill me.

Don't, please!

I tripped on a tree root, and as I fell I saw a bird next to me. It walked close to me, then it tapped my shoulder with its beak.

"Meghan.", it said. "Meghan, wake up." Something was completely odd. It had Charlie's voice.

"Meghan, wake up.", Charlie pokes my side, and I let out a small gasp. "Meghan, Earth to Meghan."

I open my eyes, and look straight into Charlie's eyes. He looked about ready to giggle.

"Did you hear me talking in my sleep?", I ask, closing my eyes.

"No, I just heard you say 'Don't, please!'", he says imitating me. "I thought I was about to drop you off the bed, so I woke up."

"Oh, god. This is awkward.", I say biting my index finger.

"What'd you dream about", he asks.

"Claire. I dreamed she was a panther, and she was 2 seconds away from ripping out my throat." I pause, and wait for him to giggle.

"Continue." Oh, he didn't think it was funny.

"Well, then a bird came out of nowhere, and it had your voice, and it kept saying 'wake up.' It was terrifying.", I say, ending my fascinating story.

"Well, I say you should stop watching the Jungle book, if you haven't already. And you might want to be careful around Claire, because something in her voice made her sound serious when she said she'd kill you." He says,  planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Are you saying that she's capable of murder?" I'm not surprised actually. She'd cry over a lost earring. Not a dead relative. She wasn't human.

"I'm serious. I heard her old friends stopped talking to her because she started getting jealous of them, and one of the 4 girls eventually went missing." Charlie says

"So, you knew this, yet you let her sleep next to you every night, and not to mention how close I had her when we went on that trip."

"I thought she'd change. But now I see I'm wrong. I'm sorry for putting you between us.", he says sympathetically. "I'll do my best to protect you everyday."

"But look at me. You think I'm scared of a bratty & skinny model?", I ask. "I could defend myself, too."

"Meghan. She doesn't work alone. I doubt she could hide a girl on her own. She's hard headed. She probably thinks 1+1 is equal to  3." He jokes.

"Well, in that case, I might want to walk with you and The Rock beside me eveyday.", I laugh. I'm not scared of her. But deep inside, I do fear that she'll try to kill me. Probably this week. Maybe next week? She better not cause I have a video to shoot.

"Let's wake up. I'll bring you breakfast.", I say to Charlie.

"Great, cause I was getting hungry.", Charlie chuckles.

6:45 pm

Charlie has been with me the entire day, and I felt happy. I felt complete. He was amazing. In my mind, he's already mine. He slept with me in the same bed, and he kissed me, and we almost got it on.

Suddenly, my phone rings. It's Peter.

"Who's that?", Charlie asks.

"Peter.", I look at Charlie, and see his smile has faded.