Chapter 16: "I have a surprise for you."

It was time. We had to release the song, cause we were super anxious.

"Let's make a video for the fans", I insisted.

"What am I gonna say?", he asked me.

"We'll just promote the video.", I say matter of factly. "It doesn't have to be as cool as the Marvin Gaye video, but look happy.

Then, we both got in front of the camera, laughing.

"So, we wanted to share something with you guys. It's very important for us, and we figured it was time to say it to the world."

We hesitated for a while, then said, "We are releasing a song together!".

We looked at each other, and then to the camera. We spoke for a while more, then we turned it off. I uploaded our video, and almost instantly got thousands of comments.

"Why aren't you guys dating?"

"I thought they were gonna say they were dating!"

"I ship #Marlie"

"Charlie is so hot!"

I showed Charlie all the comments and he looked flattered. He scratched the back of his neck, and said, "They like us together."

"Yeah, just wait til we release the video!", I said, excitedly.

"Yeah. That'll be crazy.", he said. He looked a little worried.

"What's wrong, Charlie?", I asked him.

"I--I, uh. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think we should let everyone know we're dating.", he finally said.

"But why?", I asked him. It kinda sucked to lie to my fans. I was always honest with them.

"Because everyone is gonna instantly hate me for dating the cutest girl on the face of this planet.", he said. He didn't sound like he was joking either.

"I'm sure they won't. They support me and my life choices.", I said. "But I understand, I think. I'll let you have it your way. I'll be your #1 supporter."

"Thank you, Meghan.", he said. "It really means a lot to me."

I kissed him, and walked into the kitchen. It kinda worried me because I was so ready to flaunt him. He was physically attractive, and his sense of humor was to die for.

I prepared lunch for us, then went to bed. He laid in next to me, and he got cuddled up with me.

"Charlie.", I start.

"Yes, Meghan?", He replies, instantly.

"I can't wait to release that song.", I say.

"Neither can I", he says. I could tell he was smiling, and his heart started pumping very fast.

His warmth made me confortable, and his arms around me made me feel secure.

5 days later: Release day

Yup. It was time. When I woke up today, I thought about that first day I met Charlie. That rainy day turned into the absolute best. That same day I proposed our collaboration.

Charlie called me, and told me to meet him at the studio.

"I have a surprise for you.", he says, happily.

"I can't wait!", I tell him. I couldn't wait to see what was in store for me. I also couldn't wait to release the song. Nor could my fans. I was receiving tweet after tweet, and my Instagram was on fire.