Chapter 7: "He's going to finally kiss me"

Charlie hasn't texted me in 2 weeks. As usual. It always has to be me to message first. He probably just wants to not hear about me anymore. Which will be sort of impossible due to the fact that I'm the boss bitch everybody's listening to nowdays. My song All About That Bass is currently slaying the charts. The same way Marvin Gaye would've been, if he didn't have a girlfriend...or if he didn't know I liked him.

I went in for an interview today with the local radio station, and I felt super exhausted afterwards. I decided to shower, since nothing eventful would occur on a Tuesday afternoon.

Just as I stepped into the shower, my doorbell rang like crazy. Literally I'd say 400 rings per minute.

Who the fuck?

I get out of the shower, and wrap myself in a towel. I hated when people played with my doorbell. It was just stupid.

"I'm fucking coming! Don't press that button again!", I shouted from my bathroom.

Three seconds later, the doorbell rang once.

I stormed into my livingroom, and opened the door.

"What do you want?", I shout as I open the door. I quiet down when I realize it's Charlie. Charlie Puth came to visit me. How crazy, right?

"Hey, Meghan.", he says. He has pizza in one hand, and he scratches the back of his head with the other. "Mind if I come in."

"Sure, sure come in." I say. He had pizza, I couldn't just not let him in.

"Sorry, to bother you at the wrong moment. For ringing the doorbell like crazy. I--uh, um--didn't want the pizza getting cold.", he said, embarressed.

What's his problem?

"You weren't to busy were you?", he asks.

Shit! I was in my towel! I was so nude that if my towel accidently went loose, he'd see all my goodies for free!

"Fuck!", I say, out loud. I hold my towel tighter around me, in case it decides to fall off. "You see, I was stepping into the shower when you came here ringing the bell like crazy."

"Oops! Sorry! I suck at coming at the right time.", He laughs.

"Yeah, you do. I'll go shower quick, if you want to wait... or eat without me. Your choice. Soda's in the fridge, I hope you like Dr.Pepper. Oh, and cups are in the third cabinet. Next to the stove. ", I say, showing him around.

"Okay, I got this.", He says. "Mind if I turn on your music player? You have great musical taste."

"Go ahead. Just let me hear you sing along to it.", I giggle, walking into the bathroom.

At least we didn't fight. It was normal. He was trying to forget about it. That was fine with me. I must've looked weak, crying in front of him. This is s great! I heard him singing along to "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson at the top of his lungs. That song wasn't that great. I didn't even know I had it. But he made it sound great. He has a lovely voice.

I take 20 minutes in effort to see him already. I dressed in a black longsleeve shirt, and grey sweatpants. It was kinda chilly outside. It was mid October, but it felt like the beginning of December.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I notice my table had been set.

Two glass cups, plates, and he was getting the pizza out of the oven.

"Just reheating it.", he said. "You took a LONG time."

"Whatever I was only in there for 10 minutes probably..."