Chapter 9: "I think I'm falling in love with you, Meghan."

I wake up when the car pulls over into a gas station. It's about 1 in the morning, and it was very cold outside. I see Charlie walking into the mini mart, and Peter pumping gas. I look in the backseat, and see Claire sleeping. She was even beautiful as she slept.

I wanted to go in to get coffee, but I don't want to face Charlie. "But I also don't want to fall asleep", I thought. Oh well, I'm going in.

As I enter the shop, I see Charlie was already in the coffee section. He sees me, and beckons me over. I walk to him, hoping he won't yell at me.

"How are you doing?", he asked. Well, that's casual.

"I'm fine. Pretty tired, and cold. Not to mention my sore ass." I say, giggling.

Charlie joins in the laughter. After a while, he gets serious. "Listen, Meghan, I want to apologize for what happened earlier. I should've defended you when she said those things, and I should've ran after you instead of... Peter."

"No need to apologize. It was all her fault. She should be apologizing. She has a nasty attitude, and I'm sorry to say this, but you and her are nothing alike. I don't know what brought both of you guys together." I was glad to say that. It made me feel much better.

"I know. She was so sweet at the time. I had to ask her to be mine before anyone took her." He says. "But I feel different now. I'm catching feelings for someone else. And my feelings for her are just deceased." He scratches the back of his neck, and sighs.

I felt bad for him. I wouldn't like to be in that situation. But really? He liked someone else? Was it me? Could it be me?

"Who are you catching feelings for?", I asked, hoping I knew the answer.

"This girl, she's so special. She's the kind of girl you want to spend every minute of the day with. She's interesting, beautiful, and has the loveliest voice ever imaginable.", he says, speaking in a very dreamy tone.

"I'd like to meet this girl." I say.

"You want to meet all my girls", he laughs.

I smile at him for a while, then he says, "We never finished our conversation a while ago."

"Which one?", I ask, obviously knowing which conversation he was speaking about.

"You know. You were giving me relationship advice. Giving me tips on my jealousy problem."

"Ahh, that conversation", I say, getting closer to him." Well, you don't have to be jealous, just tell me how you feel about me. Maybe we could work something out."

"Do you really want to hear it?", he asks. "Like right here in this dirty gas station with an Asian man staring at us?"

I look over at the Asian Clerk, and shake my head "no".

"We could just finish this conversation later. Anyway, Peter is looking at us, and Claire is awake." I say.

"True. Oh Meghan, one more thing." Charlie says.

"What's that?", I say, in the stores doorway.

"I'm willing to bet all my money that you'd look smokin' hot in a bikini." He says.

I giggle, and say "Oh , stop it."

I walk out, and see Peter waiting for me outside. Claire, barely stares at me. Gladly the windows are all closed, or I'd be yelling all sorts of profanity at her.

"Chilly night, huh?", Peter says

"Oh, yes! It's like 3 degrees. That's what it says inside."

"I saw Charlie inside. Is he getting anything for me?", he asks.