Chapter 10: "Not today, Charlie. Marvin Gaye can wait."

"Don't leave me. Please."

"I'm doing this for you. For us."

The events from that night played over and over again in my mind. I was torturing myself, and I was trying to give him the silent treatment. Unfortunately, my plan had backfired. I sent him that message last night, and I haven't gotten a reply yet.

He ignored me now. It's probably what he wanted.

I went into the livingroom, and I turned on my music player. Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata made its way into my ears. I sat on my couch, and let the piano soothe me.

I lay for about 4 minutes, until I received a knock at my door. Who could it be?

I turned down the volume a little, and ran to open the door.

It was Claire.

But how does she know where I live. Did Charlie come as well? "How did you find me?", I ask her, flabbergasted by her random visit. I look around, and see no sign of Charlie.

"He isn't here. It's just me.", She replies. Oh, and Charlie gave me your address last week because I was supposed to pick you up for the road trip."

"No, he told me he'd come get me. You must be lying.", I say.

"Listen, are you gonna invite me in or not?", she asks with attitude in her voice.

"Fix your attitude, and I might consider it.", I snap.

"Listen Meghan, I'm not here to fight. I just want to ask you some questions." She says. What she's a cop now?

"No, Charlie and I haven't slept together, nor have we kissed..."

"Meghan, that's not what I was gonna ask you. Please, let me in." She sounded serious.

"Claire, is he alright?", Her seriousness concerned me. No, concerned wouldn't define it. It worried me.

"Yes, Charlie is fine.", She says.

"Oh, thank goodness", I say exhaling all the worries from my system. "Here come in. Have a seat." I lead her to the living room, and let her sit where Charlie normally sat.

"So what's this about?", I ask.

"It's about you and Charlie." She says

"You said it had nothing to do with Charlie--"

"I knew if you wouldn't let me in if I said that to you at the door."

"What do you want to know?", I ask.

"The truth.", She demands. "Tell me about how you found him, where you found him, what's he told you, and just everything.. and speak fast because I don't have all day."

"Who do you think you are?", I ask her.

"I am Claire Benavides. And I am also waiting for your response." She states.

What the fuck? "We met at a park, and he tells me a lot of stuff, and-- why the fuck am I answering you. Get the fuck out of here!" I get up, and so does she. She stands a whole foot taller than me, but it doesn't scare me. She's wearing high heels, she's vulnerable.

"Don't yell at me, bitch!", she screams.

"Then, get out. Get the hell out"

"I want answers, now!"

"I said get out!" I grab her shoulders, and push her. As I said, she was wearing high heels. She was vulnerable. She fell right on her ass with that shove.