Chapter Seven- Touring the Clubhouse

Hey guys, please don't get me wrong. You're commenting and voting and I absolutely love it. But comments that only say things like "Plz update" are annoying. To any Wattpad author. I would greatly appreciate it if you would all put a bit more thought into your comments. This is not to be mean or rude, neither is it directed specifically at anyone, this is just a request from me.

Okay, enough with the serious stuff, back to Jaina and the team!!

"Is everything alright?" Aqualad asked.

Jaina was still holding Aqualad's hand as she shook shook her head, recovering from shock.

"Fine, just...lost in thought." She ad-libbed, dropping his hand.

She looked around the mission room for a distraction, placing her hands on her hips

"So...nice clubhouse." She smirked, making small talk to fill the awkward silence that had taken over.

"Really?" Kid Flash asked, folding his arms. "Usually kids are a little more than whelmed at first sight." He looked pointedly at Raquel, who was eying Jaina suspiciously, and Zatanna, who smiled at their new teammate.

Jaina shrugged. "Oa's a lot cooler."

Then she stopped, face wrinkling in confusion. "And what the blast does 'whelmed' mean?"

After the team quickly explained Robin's words, Hal stepped forward, squeezing Jaina's shoulder.

"Why don't you guys show Jaina around the cave? She will be staying with you guys, after all." He suggested.

Jaina looked up at Hal, surprised by his sudden announcement once more. But unlike getting her sword from Kilawog, this surprise was not welcome at all.

M'gann, however, was thrilled at the idea, and grabbed Jaina's arm, pulling her down the hall before another word could be said. The rest of the team could only follow.

"Here's the kitchen and the living room, where we hang out!" M'gann said, full of enthusiasm.

The room seemed like two combined into one. On one side of the room, three green couches circled around a TV showing nothing but static, and on the other side was a small kitchen with a sink, an island, a counter dividing both spaces, and an oven with the timer going off.

"My cookies!" M'gann cried, running over to the oven. Artemis grabbed the hotpads and tossed them to the Martian, reminding her to put them on before touching the oven.

Wally zoomed over to take a taste, hoping that these cookies would taste better than last time, and Connor just resumed his usual spot on the couch, staring at the TV.

Still bummed from Hal's jarring announcement, Jaina watched the team's interaction over the cookies from the side. She caught sight of Superboy, who seemed happier to be alone as well, and walked over to the TV.

"It's broken, isn't it?" she asked, jerking her thumb at the TV.

Connor shrugged. "I don't care if it or isn't."

"Do you mind if I fix it then?"

Kaldur, M'gann, and all the others were celebrating M'gann's first successful batch of cookies when they realized that they hadn't heard anything from Jaina in a while. They hadn't heard anything from Connor, either, but that was normal for the Superboy.

"Jaina, do you want one?" M'gann levitated the tray of cookies, which had cooled down some, towards the door, which is the last place they had seen the girl Lantern, but instead found her over by the TV, teaching Connor about the mechanics of fixing a television set.