Chapter Nineteen- Cocky

If you guys are loving Jaina and you don't mind some spoilers on her backstory, my new book "Back to the Beginning" is a Star Wars Extended Universe fanfiction written by my aunt, who introduced me to Jaina and her universe, and centered around the Skywalker-Solo family...and its predecessors >;)

"Anakin, you don't have to tell me anything, just let me guess and answer yes or no! Please!"

Anakin's etherly blue cloak swirled in the stars. He was silent for a moment, but a moment later he painstakingly nodded.

"I have a brother, right? Two of them? Both younger? One is my twin?" The questions flew out of her mouth.

Anakin nodded.

"I have a dad and a mom, and...and an uncle?" She took deep, heavy breaths.

Anakin strained with the effort to nod.

"And my friends, I...I was with them before I disappeared!" Jaina exclaimed, her last memory returning to her.

Anakin tried to smile. 

"What are their names?"

Anakin opened his mouth to answer, but the rushing noise came back and forced Jaina out of her meditation trance.

"AAHH!" Jaina screamed as she fell back on her bed. Anakin told her that anger led to hate, and the path to the dark side, but she was frustrated. 

She was stuck in a world she knew nothing about with a superpower she was expected to control, and all she wanted was for Mom to tuck her and Ani and Jacen into bed while Dad read "The Little Lost Bantha Cub" and Chewie watched protectively from the doorway, she wanted to do was go on a run through the jungles outside Uncle Luke's Jedi Academy with Tenel Ka, she wanted to pack everyone into Lowie's skyhopper and go to the river for a swim, or tinker on the Lightning Rod with Zekk.

It took Jaina a second to realize that these were her old memories. She reach out for them like she'd reach for someone's presence in the force, grasping at tiny strings to pull them back, but as easily as they came to her, they faded away, and she was left with nothing again. Nothing except for the few things Anakin had affirmed to her.

She curled up on her bed, willing herself to not cry, and the door hissed open.

"So...did it work?" Wally whispered.

Jaina tried to see curly, brandy-brown hair and chocolate eyes when she looked at Wally, but her mind wouldn't cooperate. She tried to see Robin's hair a shade or two lighter, or make Artemis's blonde ponytail suddenly turn into a dozen red-gold warrior's braids, but it wouldn't work.

"Not very well." She whispered.

"Well...what did work?" Artemis asked, sitting on the bed next to Jaina.

"I...I learned about my family." She whispered at last.

"Tell us, we'll help you remember." Robin vowed.

Jaina sighed. "I have a twin brother, and another brother. Both younger than me. And a mom," Jaina smiled as she stroked her own chocolate-brown hair and her refusal to do anything special with it. "My dad is cocky, and handsome-"

Wally snorted. "Sounds like GL to me." Artemis slapped his shoulder to get him to shut up.

"-And an uncle who trained me to use to force before I forgot everything." Jaina finished.

"Do you remember their names?" Jaina could hear a hint of jealousy in Artemis's voice.

"No."

"Anything else you remember?" Robin prompted.