Chapter Thirty-Five- ...Green Lantern's Light!

"GREEN LANTERN CORPS", THE NEW GREEN LANTERN MOVIE, IS GONNA HAVE BOTH HAL AND JOHN AND I AM PLEASED BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE JESSICA CRUZ JOIN THEM.

AND JUST A WARNING THIS CHAPPIE IS SUPER LONG BECAUSE I HAD A LOT THAT I WANTED TO FIT IN.

The lightning caught Jaina in her chest, throwing her against the cage that trapped Vilas and Vonda Ra. Vonda Ra cackled, cheering on Tamith Kai. Vilas didn't say anything, but Jaina could feel the pain radiating off of Vilas, as if he was being held together by sheer hatred. 

Aqualad blocked the next shot, creating a shield of water and sorcery to keep Tamith Kai from hitting the others.

"Miss Martian to Aqualad, we found the civilians! Should we regroup?"

Jaina whimpered in pain, forcing herself to get up.

"Don't bring them back here, we don't want them getting hurt!" Robin said.

"What did you guys get yourselves into this time?" Zatanna asked.

"I am not gonna answer that," Kid snapped back. Artemis ducked outside the cover of the shield for a moment, trapping Tamith Kai in high-density polyurethane foam (A/N- I HAVE BEEN WAITING THIS WHOLE BOOK TO BRING THAT IN! XD) and insulating her lightning.

"That won't hold her for-" Even as Jaina tried to warn them, the foam trap burst into little tiny shards that flew every which way. Jaina protected herself with her ring, and the others were still safe behind Aqualad's shield.

"You little fools!" Tamith Kai spat, shooting lightning at the ceiling. Then, she concentrated all her fire on Aqualad's shield, which slowly began to crack under pressure, then shattered all at once, exposing Kaldur, Robin, Wally, and Artemis to the deadly dark element.

"No!" Jaina dove to shield her friends, who were writhing painfully on the ground, and her Green Lantern shield barely held up.

"Stop."

The voice did not yell, and it did not whisper. It simply echoed through the room, and everyone simply stopped of their own volition.

Tamith Kai grinned wickedly at Jaina, and she knew that whoever had spoken could not be on their side.

She looked around for the source of the voice, but it sounded like it had come from all around her. Finally she looked up, and saw an observation deck lit up high above their heads, and someone was inside.

Silver pushed his hand forwards, and shards of glass rained down on top of them, except for Tamith Kai, Vilas, and Vonda Ra in the prison, who all seemed to miraculously avoid any lass from falling on them from overhead. Jaina used her ring to protect her almost-unconscious friends. Was that all that she was now? A shield? 

She squeezed herself into a ball, shaking as a blurry memory surged into her mind. She tried so hard, but she couldn't concentrate on channeling her willpower through her ring and remembering her past at the same time.

Besides, if it was all as traumatic as she sensed that one had been, did she really want to remember?

Silver spread his arms and floated down to the ground, standing over Jaina. His silver cloak flapped loudly, like a bird's wings. 

Jaina sneered. Sinestro hovered just behind Silver, his yellow lantern ring alight.

"Nice of you to join us, Silver," She snapped.

"Still forgetting, are we?" Silver hummed smugly.

"Not very much." Tamith Kai snapped her fingers, releasing Vonda Ra and Vilas. "Retrieve the others," she instructed. Vilas and Vonda Ra ran down the hall, the one the rest of the team had gone down.