Chapter Twenty-Five- Date Night

GUYS I JUST FOUND A WHOLE BUNCH OF BOOKS ON WATTPAD WITH JAINA AND I PUT THEM ALL IN A READING LIST SO YOU CAN CHECK EM OUT IF YOU WANT TO

"Alright, Jaina. What is the Jedi code?"

"Well, it's basically the Jedi's motto that-"

"No, that's not what I meant," Anakin interrupted with a chuckle, "I meant recite it."

"Oh," Jaina sat up straight and looked into her mentor's ghostly eyes.

"There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the force."

Jaina bit her lip and finally asked the question that had been bugging her for the entirety of their training session. "But that's not true, there is so much chaos and stupidity in the world! Kriff, forget the world, what about the kriffing galaxy?"

Anakin held up his mechanical hand to quiet her. "Those are the qualities a Jedi needs to have. They need to not let their emotions cloud them and be at peace. They must not be closed-minded and instead seek for wisdom. Seek to bring harmony rather than incite chaos."

"What about death?" Jaina asked.

Anakin gestured to his blue body. "I was once human as you were. When I was destroyed by Vader, my spirit and my body became one with the force, as you see here. I advise, I help, I carry out the force's will."

"Even if it makes you do something you don't want to?" Jaina quipped.

Anakin gave her a patronizing look. "I had nothing to do with your amnesia. I didn't know what was happening at all until you crash-landed on the moon. Even if the force didn't assign me, in a way, to teach you in its ways, I would have done so anyway."

"Why? You already told me we'd never met. Why would you do that for me?"

Anakin started to say something, but his force-ghost nearly choked on his own words. 

"First, because you are a Jedi as I was, and it is my responsibility to train the next generation of knights," It could just be Jaina's mind, but Anakin seemed to say the last part in a mocking tone. 

"Second..." Anakin swallowed. Because he was a ghost, he couldn't cry, but Jaina thought his eyes glistened a bit more. 

"Because you are...you...you remind me of myself." Anakin finished at last. "And I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did," he added in a hurry.

He was hiding something, but Jaina supposed that was more of the force's fault than his own. She pulled her hair over her shoulder and played with a split end. "Sorry I was so rude."

They'd both been messed up by this "force," in one way or another.

"Is it really worth it, to become a knight?" She asked.

Anakin thought for a moment. "The results vary greatly, but the force is always in motion, and it always does something for a reason, though we don't always know why. If you strive to use the force correctly, to protect and help, it truly is worth it."

Jaina nodded, somewhat, but not fully, assured. She stretched her sore muscles and tried to ignore the urge to yawn.

Anakin smiled at her. "That concludes training for today. You have a full week coming up, so I won't overtake you for another lesson until after, but you know where to find me if you need help."

"I need help right now," Jaina told him. "Do Jedi Masters give dating advice?"

Anakin shook his head, already starting to disappear. "I'm afraid not. Ask your friends! They will be more than happy to assist you."