Chapter Eighteen- Handstands

And the winning actress is....Selena! 

Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I know most of you picked Demi, but the more I looked at Selena Gomez, the more I thought of Jaina. It just...clicked.

If you guys still want to help with my casting, I still need actors/actresses for all the people mentioned in the prologue ;)

Jaina squeezed her eyes shut in concentration, sweat beading on her scalp. Baby hairs tickled and stuck to her face, but she refused to pull it back into a ponytail.

"Good Job." Even with her eyes closed she could see Anakin pacing in front of her with a smile.

"Feel the force. Flowing through you, let it lift you-"

"MOTHER OF BATMAN!"

"AAH!" Distracted, Jaina fell to the ground with a shout, landing flat on her back.

"Ow, ow, ow..."She rolled back and forth on the training room floor cradling her head

Robin, Artemis, and Wally ran across the room to kneel down next to her. 

"How were you doing that?"  Artemis asked, sounding slightly nervous.

Robin's eyes were wide beneath his shades. "I've never managed one-hand handstand for more than a couple seconds!"

Jaina winced, tapping a bump on the back of her head. "I- ow- was doing it with the help of the force to keep my balance." She flicked Wally's forehead with her finger. "Then this guy distracted me."

Wally shrugged sheepishly. "Sorry?"

Artemis grabbed Jaina's hand and pulled her up to her feet. 

"I'm guessing that wasn't a very normal thing to do."

"Not really," Artemis said honestly.

Robin flipped forward so that he was standing on both hands. "I can walk like this, but only for a little bit." He hopped back to his feet.

Wally shuddered. "His circus training is super-creepy."

Jaina stared at the floor where Robin had been walking, deep in thought. "I knew I guy who walked on his hands, and used his feet to grab and do stuff hands usually did. At least I think I knew someone who did..." She tugged her hair irritatedly.

"Really? What was his name?" Wally asked, trying to prompt her memory.

"Doug? Dog?" Jaina made a face.

"A dog like Wolf? Dogs don't do that, Jaina." Artemis told her.

Jaina groaned. "I hate amnesia!" For a moment the world seemed to pulse with red, and she froze. 

"Sorry, I'm not supposed to do that," She whispered.

Wally slung an arm around her shoulders. "S'okay! We all get mad sometimes."

But Jaina wasn't apologizing to him.

"Hey! Let's play some video games!" Wally suggested.

-------

"This was a bad idea." He admitted ten minutes later.

"You know it." Robin grinned.

"You freaking hacked the game again, didn't you?" 

"Ding, ding, ding! Unbroken winning streak!" Robin decreed as the screen announced his latest win.

"Alright Boy Wonder, off your high horse," Artemis grabbed a third controller and shoved another into Jaina's lap. "And I don't want to hear you say that you don't know how to play. If you can fix Superboy's TV, you can figure out the xbox."