Chapter Twenty-Six- Life Day

"Kid, look out!" Jaina cried. As the speedster scrambled to his feet to get his bearings, Jaina shielded him from a Bialyan soldier's gunfire.

"Thanks, GL!" Wally sped around behind the soldier and grabbed his gun, disassembling it a second before punching said soldier in the face.

"So what is Queen Bee again?" Jaina asked via mindlink.

"She's the dictator of Bialya. She has the power to control men, and some women to do her bidding. I put her lackey Psimon in a coma about a year ago, and we haven't heard from him since." M'gann explained.

"She's a member of the Light, this secret organization that tried to take over the Justice League and use them to attack Earth back in January. We think she might know something about Superman's disappearance." Robin added. One of his smoke bombs went off, and when it disappeared, the soldiers that had been trapped inside the cloud had been taken down. 

"I got you covered, Rob," Jaina said, standing at his back while he hacked into the central computer. Artemis whipped an arrow out of her quiver, one with a flash drive on the end instead of an actual arrow, and plugged it into a smaller computer, copying whatever data she could while Robin looked for more specific information. The guards inside Bialya's palace control room had been taken out, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Zatanna, and Rocket stood guard around the room, while Aqualad and Superboy were stationed with Sphere and Wolf at the doorway.

"You're sure the security cameras were blocked?"

"Put on a loop, actually. They're replaying earlier data of calmer time, so it doesn't look like we came through. That way, Queen Bee doesn't have proof we were here." Robin smirked, fingers flying. Jaina wished she could have brought Bee along, he could have downloaded all this data faster, but he wasn't equipped to fight, like Sphere was.

"Okay, I got all the data this thing can hold. Rob?" Artemis asked.

"Almost....there..."

"Artemis look out!" Wally grabbed Artemis and pulled her out of the way as several soldiers dropped from a vent in the ceiling. Jaina quickly blocked the vent with a shield to prevent more from breaking through, and Wolf dove on top of those who had.

"Thank goodness for a full recharge," Jaina punched a soldier with her free hand.

"Think of a shield, think of a shield, think of a shield," Jaina repeated to herself over and over under her breath. The ring relied on her imagination to create, and it would disappear if she lost focus.

"I got you Jay- ugh!" Wally cried as a soldier hit him in the face with a gun, cutting his across the cheek.

"Kid!" Half the team cried out. With this distraction, more soldiers burst in the door.

"Please tell me you got that data," Rocket begged, grabbing Wally in a bubble shield.

"Doesn't matter if I do or don'y." Robin lamented, unplugging.

"Against the wall, now! Miss Martian, call the bioship!" Aqualad commanded. Jaina felt the familiar telepathic pulsing at the edge of her mind a second before the wall was blown in. 

"Good girl," M'gann gasped, pulling Superboy and Aqualad onboard. Sphere and Wolf leaped across the small chasm.

"Ylf!" Zatanna cried, and a short burst of magic catapulted her, Robin, and Artemis to the ship.

"Go!" Rocket cried, tossing Wally to them. "We can fly, we're right behind you!"

Jaina was shielding them from the onslaught of soldiers in the room and in the courtyard below.