Chapter Fourteen- Tamba

"This is stupid." Jaina growled softly, watching the mountain grow smaller out her side of the window.

"Wait-" Wally spun in his seat to face Jaina, "do you actually think that we're going to leave those kids at the mercy of terrorists?"

Jaina's eyes went wide. "But Batman said-"

Aqualad put his hand over Jaina's cutting her off. "Batman is very smart, and it is prudent to listen to his advice and instructions."

"But we mostly just blatantly ignore them in the long run." Robin finished.

"How do you think we freed the Justice League from Vandal Savage's control?" Zatanna grinned.

Jaina sank back in her seat, relieved.

"Well, newbie, welcome to your first team mission!" Rocket said.

Jaina didn't like the tone Rocket took with "newbie", but this was her first mission. She was determined not to mess things up by fighting with a team member.

"I don't believe we have introduced you to two other very important members of our team..." Kaldur said, looking towards the ship's cargo bay.

Superboy groaned, "Wolf, no napping again!" 

Huddled around a giant metal volleyball was the biggest, fluffiest dog Jaina had seen.

"Girl Lantern, meet Sphere and Wolf, the team pets." Wally waved his arm towards the two.

"Sphere mostly stays in the garage, and the bioship is Wolf's favorite place to nap." Robin explained. "Don't let the laziness fool you though, Wolf is absolutely vicious in battle."

Wolf yawned.

Curious, Sphere rolled up to Jaina, lights flashing on a circular console.

"Is she a droid?" Jaina asked, hesitantly patting Sphere's dome.

Sphere squealed like a siren and rolled backwards, offended.

"No, no she's not," Connor glared at Jaina as Sphere rolled over to him. "She's sentient technology and she has feelings! So treat her like a human, okay?" He snapped.

"Well jeez," Jaina crossed her arms and turned away in her seat, "You don't have to be so rude about it."

"I am sure Jaina did not mean to offend," Kaldur tried to get Superboy to calm down, "She is still new to everything, and we did not inform her before hand what Sphere was like."

"'She' is right here, Aqualad." Jaina snapped with a huff. What was that she'd said about fitting in?

"Woah, woah, woah," Kid and Robin both stood up, "We're not going to fight as we go into a mission, are we?"

Miss Martian stared at Superboy until he caved.

"Sorry." Connor grunted.

Jaina sighed. "Sorry, Sphere."

When she looked out the window this time, the bioship was in space.

"Woah," She looked back and forth between Earth and the moon. She could just barely make out her ship in its crash sight.

Wally leaned back in his seat. "Is that your ship?" He pointed to the dark streak.

Jaina nodded.

Wally smiled, "Cool."

"Approaching Tamba." Miss Martian announced. The team strapped in for re-entry.

The country was barren, for the most part. It was surrounded by a small outcropping of brown mountains on the west border, with the ocean to the east. The land in between was yellowish brown, with sparse lakes.