Chapter 1

Sam's Point Of View
Tuesday, August 22, 2015

"All right girls! Bring it together, come around!" Coach Henry yelled as he blew his whistle.

We all gathered around together in a circle. "Alright girls... We have a game tomorrow at 3:30. If you can, be here on the field at 3:15 or 3 even. Just for some warm ups, maybe do some corner kicks and some passes because we need to work on that." He continued.

After coach finished, I butted in. "Alright girls, gimme some big blues on one, two, three!".

"BIG BLUE!" The team threw their hands in the air, chanting our team motto.

"See you girls on Saturday! Remember to practice those kicks at home! Im being serious!" I yelled as i walked away.
"Yup,no problem!" One of them yelled back.

Now I may sound demanding but thats the whole point of being their captain. One of my best buds, Camille,came along on my side while I continued to walk home.

"Hey Sammy. Just a question, what are you doing for your birthday next Friday?" Cammy asked.

"Not sure, wanna come to my place? We have cookies, the soft kind..." I smirked while playfully mocking her.

"YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!" She screamed running around me circles as we walked.

"Heh okay. Lets go!" I dragged her across the side walk. Although she was standing up.

"Hey hows your boyfriend, Chandler? Loose the 'v' yet????"  She asked smiling, raising an eyebrow repeatedly.

"Oh my gosh shut up you dirty minded stalker! Anyway he's good and NO I most certainly did not loose the 'v' yet."

"Oh and how old is he again?"

"Eighteen and Im still seventeen. Turning eighteen next week as you obviously know so yeah."

A salty liquid drop slipped into my eye. I rubbed my eye, realizing it was sweat. "Man I gotta take a shower when I get home." I mumbled.

"Can I stay over night actually?" Camille asked.

"Yeah sure. My mom wouldn't care, shes never home anyway..." I frown at the remark, overthinking about how my mother feels about me. Like she doesn't even realize my existence.

Then my worst nightmare appeared in my mind, the man I called father all my life as a child. I grew up being beaten and shoved around due to his anger issues.

Now he's serving his time in jail.Not only for abuse, but for domestic violence, and driving intoxicated. Three crimes led to a lifetime in the slammer.

If you cant do the time, don't do the crime.

We finally made it home after two and a half hours of practice. Realizing it was 8:30 at night.

"Im gonna head in the shower if you want to use the one upstairs." I mentioned.

"Yup. Can I borrow a shirt, pants and underwear?"

"Sure, fine, and absolutely not."

I head to the shower and get undressed. I turn the knob and step into the relaxing, hot water. I sigh of relief and the feeling of the fluid slightly beneath my soar ankles.

After about five to ten minutes of bathing. I step out and dry myself. I dress in pjs and head to bed while Cammy slept on the bottom bed.

"Good night Camille."

"Good night Sam."

"Stay brown."

"Stay blonde."