Chapter 14

Chandler's POV
Sunday September 3, 2015

I stood outside of Eliana's room door at the hospital. Just thinking about some stuff and things. I felt extremely bad for Samantha. She's going through a bunch of shit lately.

Its like its all happening at once. Oh wait... It is. Sam came out of the room, reading some papers.

"What in the name of..." Sam mumbled, continuing to read the papers.

"What's up?" I asked walking up to her.

"They're offerin a treatment for Eli. But it costs a freakin fortune! How am I supposed to pay for this? Fuckin hospital..." She explained.

I grabbed the papers from her hand and looked at the treatment bill.

"What in the hell!? 8 thousand dollars for a treament!?" I said nearly spitting out my gum.

I thought of some things and then saw Eliana's doctor. Sam then spoke up."Uh doctor, this ain't really how much a treatment costs, right? This ain't affordable for me or-or anybody at all! Is there any way we can reduce the price or-"

"Im sorry miss but there is no way. This treatment really does a number on patients. Its even helped some survive, to which is why it's that price. You want it done, you need to pay." The doctor said rudely.

I got a little agitated and butted in. "Im sorry but there's no need for the rude remark." I said.

He just walked away. "Asshole." I mumbled under my breathe.

"Well now I gotta get a job in order to pay this. Ain't nobody got this kind of money...!" She yelled.

"¿Por qué yo Dios, por qué yo..?" Sam spoke in Spanish.

I gave her a confused look. "When in the hell did you ever speak Spanish!?" I asked. She gave me a 'really' look.

"What." I said.

"Im partially latina Chan. You didn't know that..." Sam replied.

"I do?"

She face palmed and chuckled. "You can be a lil' idiotic sometimes." She said smiling.

"But Im your idiot." I said putting my hands on her shoulders.

"I know." She said kissing me on the lips.

"Lemme go say my goodbyes to Eli. I need a couple of drinks." Sam walked back to Eli's room.

I waited a couple of minutes and she walked out. "Wanna go to a bar? I asked.

"Yeah lets head to my friend, Alex's place. He owns a bar. One hell of a place." Sam said.

"Kay come on babe."

Sam's POV

"We're here babe. Come on." Chandler said.

"Samantha, look at me." He said once again. I looked at him with no emotion on my face.

"I understand you're stressed and pressured about everything thats going on now. Everything is going to be okay. I promise. Chandler said, whispering the last part. Then he leaned in kissed me for a while.

"Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it." (Anybody know that reference and where its from!?? If you get it right, you get a shoutout!)

Chandler stayed silent, looks like he was thinking about something. "Come on now, lets not be negative. But lets go though, Im hungry." He said.

We got out of the car and walked into the bar, that was also a restaurant. Alex walked up to me.

"Hey Sam, it's been a while! Whats going on Chandler, how are things with you guys?? You look bummed Sam." Alex greeted us.

"My sis ain't doin so good. She's got cancer. They offered a treatment and it costs a lot. Stressed out." I explained.

"Well why don't you and Chandler here have a couple of drinks? You both are 18 so your good. Come on take a seat."
He lead us to the seats.

"Oh yeah Sam got a little treat for ya. Bam!" Alex said as he turned on the Cowboys game.

"Oh shit the Cowboys are playin!!!" Chandler and I said in unison, shaking each other.

A couple of people laughed at our reaction. "Pass us some bourbon here, both of us." I said.

Some time passed and it was half time. "Babe Ill be right back." Chandler said pecking my cheek. I sat there with a frown on my face, thinking of everything

A woman came to my side, wearing military uniform. "Thank you for your service to the country." I said shaking the woman's hand.

"Don't mention it. You seem like something is busting your chops. You okay? Im Ann." She said patting my back.

"Well Im Samantha. My sister was recently put in the hospital, later was diagnosed with cancer. She ain't doin so well. Anyway, they offered a treatment that was a fuckin' fortune. Now I gotta figure out how to make this money." I explained.

"How much is the treatment exactly?"

"8 thousand bucks."

Ann started to think for a second. Then she pulled out a paper from her ACU digital uniform jacket.

"This might help if your considering to join the US Army."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Its been a while, how ya doin??
Can y'all guess that reference???