Chapter 15

Samantha's POV
Sunday September 3, 2015

"Wait, the US Army!? But I'm only-" I began.

"Your how old?" Ann asked me.

"Just turned 18"

"You're eligible to join. You can get enough money for the treatment, for your sister." Ann explained.

I read the paper over. "So yer tellin' me... I can join the army and make enough money for my sister's treatment. What if I don't make it back? Will my sister or any family members still get the money?" I said.

"Yup. Its a private military contract. I'm not trying to force you or anything to join. Its just a suggestion. Its your choice. Take your time. If you want, you can contact me at this number." Ann said.

She wrote her number down on the paper. We said our goodbyes and she shook my hand. Chandler came back from wherever he was.

"Hey where were you?" I asked.

"Sorry I was in the bathroom. Had to take a piss. Whats that you got there?" He said.

"Read it, then holler at me on whether this is a stupid fuckin' risk to take."

I rested my forehead on my hand and I sighed. I can't take any of this anymore. If I join the military, I can get away from all of this. It'll even fix Eliana right up with the money situation.

"Y-Your going!?" Chandler said, almost screaming.

"Im thinkin' bout it boy, keep yer trap shut! Your literally screamin' throughout the whole bar." I said swatting him on his shoulder.

"Sorry. Please tell me your not gonna go." He said seriously.

"I ain't sure boy, but I might have to for the sake of Eli. A woman came here in her uniform while you were takin' twenty years in the bathroom. She asked me why I looked so glum. I told em and she offered this. All soldiers get paid. Even if they don't make it back." I explained.

"Ah Lord Jesus. Please no." Chandler whispered.

Time Skip

I was dropped off at my place while Chandler went home. I put the paper down and stared at it. Thinking what in the hell I should do.

I need to do this for Eliana. Family comes first before anything else, even my own life. She's my little sister and I love her to death.

I thought about it for a few more minutes. Then I began to call Ann. As it rang, I though about it once more.

"Hello, who is this?" Ann answered.

"Ann this is Samantha. I'll do it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah I know short chapter. Im trying not to fit all of the details and fluff in one or two chapters.
Hi bye