5. Shutting Down and Hitting Up

I spent the weekend moping, I left my bedroom approximately five times. Only the lure of food was enough to tempt me. Kai stopped in once, only to call me a troll. My brothers are so supportive and loving.

Elijah hadn't dared to show his face, well, that's what I liked to think anyway. He was probably just busy, since he had never cowered from a fight before. Part of me wished he had though because Hunter was staying the weekend.

After he drove me home and comforted me on the night's events he promised he would never let Elijah hurt me again. In Hunter's language that meant he'd beat the crap out of Elijah to scare him off. I wasn't completely opposed to the idea. The guy need need to be knocked down a few pegs....

As for Tristan, well, I was a coward. I was too embarrassed and ashamed to call him and apologise for Elijah's behaviour. It was obvious that he was trying to piss me off by hurting someone dear to me. I couldn't deny that I felt guilty.

Monday morning arrived, despite my protests that Mondays should no longer exist. I couldn't help but notice the glances that I was receiving as I walked through the hallway. By glances I mean people were blatantly staring at me.

When one toad actually, physically pointed at me I concluded that I wasn't being paranoid, people were talking about me. A large part of me wanted to shout at everyone and ask what their problem was, but I wasn't about to make myself look like some dramatic psychopath.

I was walking along briskly until my path was blocked by an obstacle known as Mia Hastings. I tried to go round her, but she sidestepped in front of me. Mia was the notorious bitch of the school with bleach blonde hair and scarily long legs. I had no interest whatsoever in interacting with her.

"Excuse me" I requested flatly, not meeting her eyes.
"Listen here, butch" she snapped at once, her nasally voice went straight through me. My head snapped up and my eyes narrowed as I realised she had just insulted me.

"Can I help you, Barbie?" I replied sarcastically, but of course she took it as a compliment.

"All I'm asking you to do is to stay away from Eli Antonelli, it's basically known throughout the school that we're sort of an item" she said, tilting her head from side to side as I stood dumbfounded. "You know, I am asking nicely and everything?"

"Stay away from Elijah? Sure! Not a problem!" I said with excessive sarcasm before stepping around her and walking off, shaking my head in disbelief as I went. Was I supposed to be afraid of her or something?

"What did Satan's spawn want?" Silver asked as she joined me in my march.
"She told me to stay away from Elijah Antonelli, as if I actually want to be anywhere near him" I snorted. I was in a foul mood and was taking no prisoners.

"So it's true? She actually is crazy" by this point we had reached the crowded cafeteria.
"It would appear so" I sighed as I slumped down into a chair. We were shortly joined by Vincent, who looked somber to say the least.

"What's got you so glum, chum?" I asked, reaching my arm over to comfort.
"Eli is in the worst mood I've seen in my life. Honestly, not even puppies could cheer that guy up"

"I don't see what he has to be in a bad mood about" I shrugged my shoulders, not admitting aloud how happy I was to hear of his discontent.

You can call me a psycho if you want, but he irks me beyond belief. Not only did I find his broody attitude annoying, but he had seriously hurt me. It's not nice to feel like you can trust someone one minute and then have that torn to pieces. It takes it's toll. Plus, he must've scared Tristan off as I hadn't seen him all day and he hadn't tried to get in contact with me.