track 20: fall for you

"Aren't you going to celebrate?" Nico asked, placing the food he bought in the table.

Reyna peered over her book tiredly and raised an eyebrow at Nico. She glanced down, there were so many things that should be done, so many papers to be signed ... there were so much work. But who was she to complain? She chose this.

"It's Christmas Eve." He stated, as if it was too obvious.

She closed her book, and dropped it on the table. "Well, I can celebrate it tomorrow. Besides, it's Christmas day tomorrow. And because right now, all I want is a good book," She gestured to the mug on the table beside her book. "I haven't done this in ages! Gods, it's been a long time since I had a break." She rubbed her temple. "And I'm obviously procrastinating. I have so many things to do."

He snorted, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You were always pushing yourself too hard."

She glared at him, seemingly geting used to this argument they've been having for a long time. "I like doing my work."

"It doesn't mean you have to overexert yourself." He pointed out.

She looked away. "I am not." she paused. "Besides, I can handle myself."

"Says the one who fainted two weeks ago because of exhaustion." He noted.

Her glare was once again on full force yet there was a tinge of red on her cheeks and she's trying hard not to look at him.

"I don't need you to be my white knight, Nico. If you think I do, maybe you don't know me at all."

Nico closed his eyes. "Maybe, I want to be your white knight, Reyna." She bit her lip and tried to think. Think, think, think, think. But he left her speechless. She finally found her voice and said, "I know. But-"

"And you're annoying. And you don't take care of yourself properly."

Reyna took this as an insult, she stood up, placing her hands on her hips.
"I don't need anyone to take care of me."

He sighed, he stood up from his seat and made his way towards her. "Annoying."

"What–" She didn't manage to finish her sentence because his arms were wrapped around her. She tensed, as he put his head on top of hers. A minute later, she loosened her tense body and hugged him back.

"Merry Christmas, Rey."