track 18: dress

No one could believe that Nico di Angelo–finally–asked Reyna out on a date. You could hardly call barging in her office and asking – no, more like demanding her to be prepared at six o'clock in the evening a proper invitation.

But she's Reyna, and she's been waiting for this all her life so rather than being annoyed at this condescending and arrogant behaviour, as if he owned her – or maybe a little, she knew she's his, she's been his since the first time they met - she said yes.

They both knew the first date would be akward, it always was. However, it was suprisingly fine. He took her out on a fancy restaurant, in which the bill made her want to spit all of the food out and eat at McDonald's instead. Nico just rolled his eyes, took a wad of money from his pocket, and paid for it.

Afterwards, when they reached Reyna's place, she asked him if he wanted to go inside but he refused. "Do you want go inside?"

"I want to take things slow." Nico drawled.

Reyna frowned uncomprehendingly. "Huh? –" She paused. "Oh ... Stop being a pervert! I was just going to make you coffee!"

The latter rolled his eyes. "Goodnight Reyna. See you soon."

Her heart skipped a beat and she beamed at him. This isn't the last. She thought - surprisingly - giddy. "Okay, thanks for tonight -" She paused, took a step towards him and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek.

She grinned when she saw a tint of red on the tips of his ears before continuing. "I didn't expect it to be this perfect, I thought it would just be akward ... you know, considering it's us."

"..."

"Goodnight Nico."

She thought he would just walk away, or atleast grunt or just mumble a goodnight - but he didn't do any of that. He kissed her.

"Goodnight Reyna," He mumbled after he pulled away. "That was a keepsake, something to remember me by. Just so you wouldn't think tonight was a dream."

"Expect more to come." He turned and walked away casually with his hands in his pocket, leaving Reyna with a smile on her face.