track 21: wedding dress

Inspired by HIMYM.
Part I.

Remember, I will always be here for you even if it kills me too see you, in that wedding dress.

[ 2 hours before the wedding ]

The long wait has finally come to an end.

"I can't believe how this thing is happening," said Jason.

"What thing?" Piper asked. She was resting both of his arms at the top of the chair while he was staring at the sky.

Annabeth tilted her head and smiled, noticing her friends' distress. "Sometimes, marriage is not about love. It's about commitment."

Jason shook his head. "What do you suppose love is for? If it's not about being with the person you want to be with forever?"

"Frank," Hazel said out of nowhere. "The bride wishes to see you." Later, he opened the door to see Reyna turning around, all stunning and beautiful, eyes filled with optimism and consternation.

...
...

"So, how do I look?" Reyna asked hopefully.

Frank smiled.  "As usual, you look ugly as ever." He saw the look on Reyna's face and said. "Diabolically speaking, I meant the opposite meaning."

"I can't do this." Reyna said hurriedly as she picked the edge of her gown. "I can't marry Leo. I'm not marrying anyone today. Do you know how to get down this window?"

He sighed. "You are not going to leave this wedding."

"I'm marrying Leo!" she said, as she paced in her sparkling white heels.

"Is that such a bad thing?" Frank asked.

She sat at the edge of her bed, frowning. She out down her bouquet of freshly picked flowers so she could think clearly. She never asked for any of this, which is why she thought of how unfair the odds have been to her. She's pregnant.

"I feel so terrified. I just get the feeling that, somewhere out there, he's just waiting for me to run off." She sighed. "I'm not marrying Leo. I should be marrying Nico."

"Reyna . . ."

"I'm going somewhere with him, just not here." She started pulling the tabledressers, raided every possible objects from the drawers that would come in handy.

"Reyna, you're not going anywhere. I'll fight you even if I have to."

"Really? You'd do that for me?" She said sarcastically. "I don't think you even have the guts to hurt me."

"I don't have to. I'll just call the others."

"I'm tired of making myself dependable to everyone! I'm tired of being a burden. I'm tired of having other people pay for my mistakes." Now Reyna was screaming, yelling at Frank with unbearable hatred. "And when the baby comes out, I don't think he'll ever look at me the same way he looks at Calypso."

She fell down her bed again, sitting. "I'm just making all this stuff, aren't I?" She said to Frank, gesturing over to the clothes she packed, which would never be enough. She grabbed the tissue and wiped her face.