track 05: something great

Reyna hadn't felt happier in her life. She lit up the very first lantern as it floated into the indigo welkin, followed by hundreds and thousands of them, like a titanic kaleidescope of lights.

Reyna knew she couldn't erase everything that caused you pain from it's recollection. She didn't want to forget Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Leo ... Nico. She shut her eyes so tight, it hurt. Every memory was dropping to her, the way fireworks exploded in a shower of sparks.

She glanced down at the silver glint of her purple dress. Did she really wanted to be reminded? Or was it never right to forget?

"Reyna." Jason said, breaking her out of her reverie. He tightened his arm around her, and she raised her head to look upwards while the crowd cheered.

"Look up, look up, look up."

Will You Marry Me?

Jason tightened his arm around her, Reyna realized she was shaking. And when she opened her eyes, there he was. Nico was so breath-takingly beautiful, it hurt. Jason let her go. Her eyes searched his, found him. And she breaks a little more.

Nico kneeled down, opening a box which shone a sapphire ring. "I know, we're at war but I'd risk a thousand lives just for you to become my wife and ten thousand lifetimes to die right beside you."

She stared at him. "Be mine tonight, be mine tomorrow night, be mine, every night." Sincerity. Desperation. Love. And then he said the words, she was waiting for. "Will you marry me, Reyna?"

She nodded widely. Percy and the boys gave off a derisive whistle. "Yes." She said in a voice, in a tone she hadn't heard in a while. Certainty. "Yes," Nico hugged her after he slid the ring into her finger. He held her like he was afraid of breaking her, like she was something so achingly delicate.

The campers gave them a round of applause, one half-heartedly. Reyna turned around, just in time.

She didn't see Jason exiting the blustering crowd.