track 25: settle down

Nico was in a fairly good mood that day, which was shocking. Maybe it was because of the beautiful weather, the blooming flowers, the bright atmosphere, or maybe it was just because he finally had the chance to see her. "So Reyna, what do you wanna talk about?"

Reyna looked older - tired and stressed because of all the duties she had. Nico wondered how long she could take it. How long will Reyna hold on? This is Reyna after all. He shook his head. "Nico," She mumbled, rubbing her temples. "I have a lot of work to do. These papers are needed tomorrow."

Nico scoffed in reply before saying. "That's what you always say!" She's always been so stubborn. Why does she push people away? Why does she run away when someone gives her what exactly she's been wanting?

Reyna looked sympathetic. "This is my job, Nico. I always knew the consequences, the responsibility."

Silence. Reyna continued her job while Nico stared at her with a perplexed expression.

After a while, Nico said. "Let's play a game!"

Reyna snorted and gave him a look that meant: Seriously? Games? What's up with you today? I don't have time for silly games.

She thought for a moment. "Alright . . . If, I play - just one game, will you swear to leave me alone until my job's done?"

Nico scowled. "So what you're saying is, you don't want me here?" He said, intrigued.

"God - No - Yes - stop being annoying Nico." She said, frustrated.

He rubbed his palms together. He didn't have a game in the first place,he didn't thought he'd get this far.

"Well?" Reyna raised an eyebrow.

"Okay ... So uhm, this is a theme game.
We say different things but it has to say on the theme, you can change it if you want, so if I say apple -- you say banana. Whoever can't think of one loses."

Reyna frowned at him. "Great, that completely makes perfect sense," she said sarcastically. "How did you even come up with that game?"

Nico shrugged and ignored her sarcasm. "We played it once." He said simply, not giving out the details.

...
...

[How Nico found out about the game]

"My turn! My turn! My turn!" Leo chanted, screaming at the top of his lungs like a third grader. He cackled, tapping his chin, looking as if in deep thought. "Okay . . . okay, I got it!" He exclaimed.

"They should call you coffee because . . . " He started wiggling his eyebrows. "You grind so fine." Percy bursted and Jason into laugher.

Nico shook his head and scowled at his friends. "Sometimes, I wonder why we're even friends you're —"

"Uh – bro –" Percy interrupted, his face was already red from laughing too hard. "Do you know what ABC is? Because I'm giving you the D tonight."
Jason choked on his coffee, causing Leo and Percy to laugh hysterically.

Nico just rolled his eyes and left.

. . .
. . .

"I love apples 'cause they're red."

Reyna blinked and stared at him in confusion. What the heck. "Well, I like tomatoes cause they're good."

"If you were vegetable you'd be a cutecumber." Nico said proudly, as if he has spent hours coming up with this pun.

Reyna laughed. "Wait, no - I just – that just came to my mind and ... I dont –"
He stammered.

"Are you a fruit? Because Honeydew, you know how fine you look right now?"

"Have you ever been to the doctor lately? Cause I think you're lacking
Vitamin Me?"

Reyna cringed. "I might not be Sriracha sauce but I sure will spice up your life."

"I like legos, you like legos. Why don't we build a relationship?"

"That's a dumb pun." She teased.

Nico shook his head and rolled his eyes. "You're so slow."

Reyna snorted, but Nico kept staring at her. Her eyes widened in realization.
"What did you mean - di Angelo, did I hear you right - did ... did you just ... ?"
She dropped her papers, now forgotten.
"Are you asking me to —"

But Nico was already clumsily running away.