Chapter 17 (Part two)

A/n : the second part of this chapter came to me in a dream, so do enjoy, comment and vote

Oh, and the lady in the picture above, that's our beautiful heroine, Nolwazi

For my international readers who don't know who she is, her name is Nomzamo Mbatha. She's quite the African beauty here in South Africa

But on another note, I have some bittersweet news for you :/

This chapter, along with the next chapter will be last chapters I post on the site for a while. I figured that from all the feedback I've been receiving from friends, readers on the site and family, that I should test the waters and send my work to potential publishers. You know, see what they think of my story and if it could sell.

Your support throughout my writing experience has motivated me to take that risky step. After all, what do I have to lose, right?

But it's not the end of the world if I don't get signed. If that is the case, fear not for I will continue to post the rest of my book for you :)

Bittersweet news, right?
I know:/ but I can't deny the potential this book might have.

Anyway, to lighten the mood, this chapter is rather sweet. So please, enjoy while you can.

And I love you all unconditionally. :D

~~~~~

Henri had just arrived in time for dinner, and a part of me wished he didn't come back at all. He glanced at me as he walked to the table and sat across his mother.

"Henri, don't forget to collect your tuxedo sometime this week before Thursday, alright?" His mother said in nervousness. One of her best friend's wedding day was approaching slowly but surely, and even though she had designed the wedding gown, she acted like she was the wedding planner. Even her husband had to tell her to calm down a couple of times, and I couldn't agree with him more. She was becoming moodier since she arrived home.

"Ma, Ek sal. Just calm down." Henri replied, uninterested in his mother's nervous breakdown. She took a deep breath and sipped some water that I poured for her. A light conversation sparked between them and for the first time since I started working here, I saw Mr Muller smile, like genuinely smiling. And goodness me, it was the only trait Henri had inherited from his father. They both smiled at Mrs Muller when she said something amusing (my afrikaans was a little rusty) and in that moment they shared a striking resemblance. I couldn't help but smile at the two of them, and when Henri caught me smiling at him, I blushed and looked away.

When I returned with Henri's plate, I came around to his side of the table and as I placed his dish in front of him, I felt the light brush of his hand slide from my knee, down the side of my leg, all the way to my inner ankle. His touch caught me off guard and I gasped out loud, earning deadly glares from Mr and Mrs Muller.

I stood still for a moment, trying to compose myself and I cleared my throat."Sorry." I apologised, but the couple didn't seem bothered at all. "As Ek gese..." Mrs Muller said and continued her story. I looked to Henri at the corner of my eye, but he had his attention to his mother as though nothing had happened. I kicked his leg and I heard him groan discreetly and with a smirk, I walked back to the kitchen. But something felt different; my entire left leg felt like jelly from his touch, and it almost felt paralyzing. My leg was not my own anymore and I could feel his eyes on me as I spastically walked. I imagined him smiling, amused by my walk.