Chapter Twenty

Author's note: hey everyone! boy, has it been a hectic holiday and first week back at school. i received a few of my results and i must say i'm not satisfied, not one bit. but you know what, it isn't too late to get back in the game :) so i'm keeping my head up and moving on. 

anyway, back to the book; i tried to write over the holidays, but truthfully it was a sinking ship. i missed home so much that all i wanted to do was spend time with the family and go out. but, i will have you know that this chapter will be just as intense as the last one and i hope you're all still interested in the story.  hope you can feel the rise in temperature with every chapter and that the build up is certainly one to be excited about. anyway, just a reminder, i've changed my character for Henri. i decided that Liam Hemsworth would be the perfect candidate to play as Henri. i really hope you agree with me, but it would also be great t know who you have in mind to play each character's role :) don't be shy to comment and speak your mind, believe me nothing would please me more. 

okay, enough chit-chat, i present to you, Chapter Twenty. 

enjoy ;)

-Tenele.

******

"Excuse me?" I said, perplexed.

"I do believe you heard me the first time." she deadpanned while admiring her nails.

"You are out of your mind! I won't have any part in this." But mrs muller wasn't having it, she calmly shrugged and lifted the telephone, dialling. "I guess you don't care about my son or your family then." I rushed over to her and took the phone away from her and dropped it before anyone could answer. She smirked at my reaction, she could tell I was desperate and panicing.

"This is blackmail." I hissed.

"It's blackmail for a good cause." She said defensively.

"How would killing your husband be for a good cause?" she remained silent, but her stern gaze didn't waver. Did she really think I would do what she asked if she wouldn't tell me why I'm doing it in the first place? Not that I'd agree to do it.

"Are you not happy in your marriage, Madam?" I began, and instantly her expression stiffened. "Is that why you want to kill him? Is he abusive, did he hurt you? There are many ways to end a marriage, I can't imagine murder being the only way to do that." I said, demanding answers; I wanted to get down to the route of the problem. "Why are you killing him?!"

"Because," she paused and looked me straight in the eye and in them, I saw an undying rage. "He's a despicable man with immense power, power that has only done bad in this country and he won't stop." The strain in her voice told me she didn't want to explode all that anger in front of me.

I frowned, "What has he done?"

"The question you mean to ask is: what has he been doing and what will he do next?" the longer she stalled, the more curious I became to know and so I waited for her to continue; when a knock on the door disrupted us. I looked at the letters on the table and grabbed them all and shoved them into the front pocket of my apron. She made her way to the front door but before opening it she turned to me, "Don't tell anyone." and I quickly snuck off to my dorm room, where I took off Henri's jersey and hid the letters away. Oh, Lord help me. help me find a way to keep Henri and my family safe. I said a quick silent prayer before I heard Mrs Muller call me to the living room.