Mothers always knows

Merlins POV

It's been weeks since my village was destroyed and they haven't finished rebuilding the houses. I wish to God that they'll be done within two weeks. I love my mother but being around her all day and every day isn't the thing I want most in life. It's been hard to find time for me and Arthur when she constantly wants me so spend time her.

Arthur understands, being the kind person he is, but still gets annoyed when I forget some of my chores.

"Merlin are you listening." My mothers says with an annoyed tone.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" I try to sound convincing, smiling innocently.

"Then what was I saying?" I look down on the table trying to remember what it was she was talking about. "You were talking about food?" I tilt my head and the sentence came out more like a question.

"No. I was asking if you've met someone. I want grandchildren before I die!" I look up at her with big eyes. This was not what I expected. 

"N...no, I haven't met someone yet." My mother and I both knows that's a lie. She looks at me, almost disappointed, but doesn't say anything, which I'm grateful for. If she knew about Arthur and me, would she be mad, sad or angry? I don't know. Would she love me any less?

"You need anything more?" I ask Arthur as I'm about to leave his chamber.

"You. I need you. I always need you." He kiss the tip of my nose and smirk at me. I kiss him on the lips and he moans in pleasure. "I love you." I say against his lips. "I love you more."

After ten minutes of arguing who loves the other more, I force myself to leave his room, not before saying one last time, "I love you more".

As I step inside the door I see my mother sitting by the table.

"What took you so long?" She asks calmly as she eyes me curiously.

"You know Arthur, always got some job for me to do." I say and let out a laugh. Mother doesn't look convinced at all, "Mmhm?" I nod and begin to move towards the door to my room.

"You've been happier since the day you first left. I don't think I've ever seen you smile as mush as you do nowadays." She says and smile happily, "It's because of him, isn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I look down at my worn out shoes. She stands up and walks towards me. "You love him don't you?" She says and take my hands in hers. Without saying anything I nod and she brings me into her embrace.

"It's okay. I'm here. I love you so very much, no matter what." Her soft voice calms me down and I feel like I can finally let out the feelings I've been holding in for so long.

"Does anyone know about you?" She asks after standing there for a couple of minutes. I shake my head, "I don't think so."

"Good, let's keep it that way. People aren't ready to know such things." She smiles at me and kiss my cheeks. "Get some rest, we'll talk more tomorrow." I nod once again.

"Good night mother." I say and walk inside my room, almost tossing myself on the bed, i sigh and fall asleep. 

------

Sorry I haven't been updating, school's taking more time than I thought. And sorry for any grammar wrongs and stuff like that. 

Any thoughts? 

Have a nice day!