You promised

Merlins POV

I wake up, panting. For five days I've dreamt the same dream. I'm fighting against Morgana. She tells me that she found out about my secret, that she knows I'm Emrys. It's a battle between life and death. She chant all her deadly spells as I try not to get killed. 

Hurting her isn't the thing I want. She was once my friend. One of my closest too. I want to believe she can change, that she's not evil.

But in my dream, she's worse than any other person I've met before. It wasn't her threat that convinced me that she wanted me dead, it was the look in her eyes that told me that she would never give up this fight. Not even if it cost her everything, including her life. I always wakes up before anyone of us wins the battle.

I sit up and rest my head in my hands as I let out a heavy sigh.

Arthurs POV

When Elena arrived at the castle I was, to say the least, shocked. I will not lie, she was beautiful, just a bit, what can I say, clumsy. Even worse than Merlin.

The whole day was a bit tence. But I do think I was polite towards her and treated her well. And seeing Merlin that day made me feel so much better. Being able to look at his face, hearing his voice was enough to give me hope.

Hope that one day, everything's going to be fine. And after seeing Merlin, I knew it will.

Another sleepless night passes by. Everything goes back to normal, George bring me my breakfast and the there's practice with the knights.

With determinate steps I walk to my fathers chamber. I knock on the door and step inside. Somehow I have to convince him to delay the wedding.

"Ahh Arthur I was just going to send a word for you. The wedding's coming and-"

"We have to wait with the wedding. I believe we're in danger at the moment. We can't have a wedding now when we know Morgana's after us. And other's are going to take advantage now when we're weak." I say with a serious tone and walk closer.

Uther stands up, "We are not weak." his face turns red in anger.

"Father with all due respect, we lost many good soldiers the day Morgana attacked." My farther walks to the small table and pour some wine into a cup. The look in his eyes tells me there's something he wants to say, but he doesn't, instead he swallow all of the wine in one. He then turns to me ready to speak, but not a single word comes out. The cup falls to the ground as Uther clings his hands around his neck.

"Father!" I call and kneel down beside him, helplessly I call for the guards, "Get Gaius!"

Gaius comes through the room a couple of minutes later, but by this time, my father doesn't breath. Still hoping, I beg for Gaius to help him.

Moments later Gaius put one hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do. He's gone." I surprise myself by not crying, I excuse myself from the room and head for my chamber.

Hours later I hear a small knock on the door. "Leave." The door opens and I turn my head to see Merlin standing by the door frame.

"Merlin."It's a small whisper, my voice breaking. He moves closer until we're standing face to face. Suddenly a wave of anger hits me. Merlin could have saved him, he told me would keep us safe, he promised. "You promised." Once again my voice breaks and I look deeply into his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I tried." Weakly I hit him in the chest, tears finally flooding down my cheeks. "You promised." I say one last time before helplessly falling into his arms.

"I'm so sorry Arthur." Merlin hugs me close and let me cry into his chest for hours. 

-------

Hello guys, so any thoughts?

The song on the side is 'Fix you' by Coldplay. 

Until next time...