Hope

Arthurs POV

I cling onto Merlin until I hear footsteps nearing, not even bothering to look who it was, I continue crying against Merlin's cold body.

I could have been sitting here for hours, I wouldn't know, all I know is that Merlin's not breathing and haven't for a long time. My heart burns and my stomach hurts of the thought that Merlin is dead.

"Merlin?" It's a whisper from Gaius, who supports himself on the wall. 

"Gaius, you have to help him, you have to bring him back." I beg and cry harder, "Please."

"I can't..."He sniffles a sob and looks at Merlin with sorrow. He's always been like a father to Merlin.

I look down at Merlin's peaceful face, I'm never waking up to that face again, I won't be able to see him smile, I won't be able to hear his voice or his lips moving against mine.

I rest my forehead against Merlin's and rock back and forth.

"This wasn't suppose to happen. We were going to get married, you're suppose to live," Anger floods through me, "Why did you have to leave me?!" I half yell and hug him closer, crying my eyes out into the crock of his neck.

"Sire." Leon's voice wakes me up. Looking around, I notice that Gaius' not here and that I'm still clinging onto Merlin's lifeless body.

"Is it night?" I ask confused.

"Sire, It's morning." Leon says and glances down at Merlin as a single tear rolls down his cheek. Everyone who've met Merlin instantly falls for his charm, except a few people. 

That made me remember Morgana. She should be here, dead. I look around but I can't see her.

"Morgana?! Where is she?" Leons eyes softens.

"She's dead. We moved her body." He clarifies and looks at me worriedly. "You want me to take him down to Gaius?"

"No. I'll do it." I stand up and carry Merlin in my arms. With slow and unsteady steps I walk down to Gaius room. He sees me coming and quickly makes place for Merlin, where I gently places him.

"Arthur..." I don't move my eyes from Merlin. "There's something you should know...about Merlin."

"What about him?" Gaius hesitates, "Now I don't want you to get your hopes up." He says sternly and point a finger at me.

Impatient I look at him, "Continue."

"It's said that Emrys can't die." I look at Merlin, he's Emrys. He told me was a sorcerer but never that HE was Emerys. With hope in my eyes I smile down at him.

"You're going to live." I whisper and kiss his forehead carefully.

"You're going to live and we're going to get married."

-------------

Sorry for the really short chapter. Thoughts?

Song on the side is 'See you again' by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth. 

Hope you enjoyed. Until next time..