Breaking free

Merlins POV

Arthur calls in all of the knights, council members and some other important people. They all gathers around in the throne room, mumbling quietly to each others. They have no clue why we called them in. Today's the day Arthur and I am going to tell the people about our up coming wedding.

Arthur paces around the room, biting his nails. He's afraid they'll hate him, that they won't want him as their king. I place a reassuring hand on his shoulder and smile. He let out a breath and asks everyone to take a seat.

"Good day everyone, I know you're all wondering why I asked for you to come." He takes a break, "I have some important news, some of you won't approve, I know that, but I hope I still have your full respect as a king."

Once again he stops speaking and look down at the table, he takes a deep breath, "I'm getting married."They all smiles and cheers but it all stops as he continues, "Too Merlin." It's quiet and they all have shocked expressions on their faces.

I look down at my shoes, not wanting to see their disapproval faces.

"I beg you're pardon." A older man says with a horrified look, "You're marrying your....manservant? Is this some kind of a joke to you? Are telling us that you don't want to get married?" Arthur stands up, with a surprisingly soft face, and shakes his head.

"This is not a joke. I...I'm marrying Merlin," He chuckles slightly, "I love him."

The knights smiles proudly, some already knowing our feelings toward each other, and cheers again.

"Is this some kind of magic? Sire, I think you've been cursed." Another man says concerned.

"I'm completely sure this is not a curse. Do not worry, I will continue being king-"

"Do you really think the people want a king who's married to a man! This is absurd!" They all stand up, except the knights, and bang their fists into the table in anger.

"I am you're king. And I love Merlin. Why would it matter who I'm married to? It's not going to change the way I'm ruling the kingdom."Arthur's face gets red from anger.

No one says anything, they're all afraid they might upset their king even more. "The people will hear the news from us. We're having a speech, together." I look up at Arthur in shock. I was never good at speaking to a large number of people.

"Good evening, I have some news I'd like to inform you all. This may come as a shock and I understand that not all will approve." Arthur starts of as the crowd starts to mumble with each other, wondering what the news might be.

"I have found my true love, and I will be marrying that person." Now the people were talking, all smiling. Arthur takes my hand which makes everyone go quiet.

"This person's Merlin." I cringe at the looks they all send me. Hate. That's all I see. They all hate me, they don't even know me. I know how this must look like. The king in love with a manservant. That's not a believable story. No they all think this is some kind of joke.

"And this is final, you who does not approve, I'm sorry but then there's nothing for you here. Enjoy the rest of your day." Arthur leads me away, leaving the crowd speechless.

He did all of this for me. He risked everything, for me.

------------

Song on the side is 'I want to break free' by Queen. I just thought it kind of matched this chapter.

Hope you enjoyed. Have any thoughts, leave them in the comment below.

Until next time.