Mixed emotions

Arthurs POV

For months Merlin and I have been searching for the two kids I've seen in my dreams. They must be found somewhere. Both me and Merlin have been impatient to finally meet them. 

Everything in my other dreams have come true, why wouldn't this one?

"What's troubling you?" Merlin asks lovingly as he places a gentle hand on my shoulder. I smile at him and lay my hand over his. "Nothing." 

Like he read my mind, he gives me a disapproving look. "We'll find them. Don't worry." 

"You're right. I shouldn't worry." I peck his lips and drag him closer. When everything is crashing inside my head, all I have to do is to look at Merlin and to think of those children in my dreams. They're my destiny. But only if I fight for it. 

And I know that they are worth fighting for. 

"My king, we've been informed that a village have been attacked. They are in need of our assistance." One of my knights says while pacing from running up here. 

"Inform the other knights and call for Gwaine, Leon, Percival and Lancelot." The knight bow and disappears through the door. 

Not more than ten minutes later they arrive, dressed in their armor as I am.

"Arthur? Why are you dressed to leave the castle?" Sir Leon asks confused. 

"I'm coming with you." The knights glances at each other. "Arthur...You're not a prince anymore, you're a king now. And kings don't risk their life for an attack in a small village." Gwaine says wisely. 

"I can't stay here, while you're out there. I've made up my mind I'm coming." 

"Then so am I." A soft voice says behind me. I don't have to turn around to see who it is. "Merlin, no. It's too dangerous." 

"Since when have that ever stopped me." He grins. 

"Since the day you married me." 

"If you're going then so am I. Who else is going to protect you from all harms?" I mention towards the knights who all have very confused and worried faces. 

My gaze turns to Merlin and even how much I try, I can't hold back the small smile in the corners of my mouth. 

"You have to promise me that you'll be careful and that you'll stay behind me." I place my hands on his shoulders and look deeply into his ocean blue eyes. 

"I promise."

Merlins POV

When we arrive at the village, so much have been destroyed and many have been killed. I glance at Arthur, who looks devastated at the place. 

Out of nowhere a bunch of people comes running towards us, swords in their hands. 

"Stay here." Arthur says warning as he and the knights rides into the battle. They do good until more attackers arrive from the forest. Quickly I chant a spell and most of them goes flying, falling unconscious. 

Arthur fights the biggest threat, a huge man, tall as a house and strong. Feeling worried, I help him a little by making the attackers sword fly from his hands. Arthur finish him off and turn angrily at me, but continues fighting. 

I frown at the angry look on Arthur's face. Why was he mad? 

After all of the attackers have been killed or captured, we help the ones who survived and ride home to Camelot, in silence. 

I look over to Arthur, who haven't said a word on the whole ride. He avoids my stares and rides faster, away from me.

---------------

Hey again. Hope you enjoyed. 

The song on the side is 'No one's aware' By Jack Savoretti. Love is like sailing, sometimes it's peaceful and sometimes it's a bit of a bumpy road. It's not all that easy. 

Anyway, please tell me what you think and how you want this to end, since I still have no idea.

I hope you'll have a great Christmas. 

Until next time.