Trapped

Merlins POV

Quickly I jump off the horse and gather the knights. 

"I need at least half of us to be outside to make sure no one enters or walk out of here." I say and nod towards Lancelot. 

"Of course. Me and my men will stay here." He says and return the friendly nod. 

After chanting a small spell to make a light to guide us through the dark cave, we carefully walk after it. I tell them to stay close and to keep their eyes open. We could very well walk into a trap. Because, what's better that having a king as hostage? 

Having two. 

Like I suspected, we're trapped. People surround us in an circle. Gwaine step forward, hiding me behind him. 

"We wish to speak with your leader." Gwaine says swiftly, not before flashing them a cheeky grin. 

"Knights of Camelot." A male voice echoes, making it hard to tell from where it came from. "Coming to save their King." A humorless laugh follows. Gwaine shrugs his shoulders and smile. 

"Someone has to." A tall and a surprisingly handsome man walks froward. 

"Do they really? Why should everyone risk their lives for just one person? Why should anyone else but him suffer for the things that he's done?" 

Without hesitation Percival steps in. "Cause he'd done the same thing for us." 

Once again the man laughs, only this time it's more serious. "You really think that that man would risk his precious life for yours. Don't you see, it's all an act. Win the heart of the people to forgive them for the mistakes they once made. Why can't you see that that man doesn't care for you? He uses you and when he's done, then you're nothing to him anymore." 

After a couple of moments in silence the knights and myself can't help but to snort and laugh. 

"What makes you think that you know him? Arthur is the most caring person in this world. He puts everyone before him." I speak up, wanting nothing more then to prove this man wrong. 

"Ah. The king lover." The man spits out the words like their poison. "The kings husband." I retort. 

"Yes. Husbands." He chuckles and smile at me slyly.  "Very well. At least you'll be together, until death pulls you apart." With a wave of his hand his followers attack. 

"Finish them. But bring me the kings husband. I want Arthur to watch the life drain out of him." 

My anger boils as my eyes turn yellow and most of the men goes flying. Once again the man chuckles slightly. "I almost forgot that you're a sorcerer. Well here's some news for you pal. So am I." His grey eyes turns shifts into yellow. 

He's powerful. But not nearly as powerful as I am when I'm angry. Without effort I block his every spell. He let out a groan in frustration as he casts yet another one of his weak charms. 

"I thought you could do better than this." I say as I can't help but to smile. 

"I'm just warming up." He hesitates but continue to cast spells towards me. The knights are fighting beside me, making sure that they're out of the way. 

"Hit me your best shot." 

-----------------

Hey guys. Have any thoughts? Leave them in the comment below. 

The song on the side is "Fortunate son" covered by Chase Holfelder (ft. Ben Carter). 

Until next time.