Sequel

Merlins POV

It's been so long. So long since I've felt the warmth of his touch. His breath against my lips. His soft voice.

The year's 2016. And still I haven't been blessed with the power to die. I'm cursed to live without him. Without Arthur. The only person I have left on this earth is the heir of Emory. A young woman named Wendy. She's studying to become a veterinary. She loves animals just as much as my beloved Emory once did.

Not a day goes by when I don't miss my husband and our children. They're all buried by the lake, where Arthur and I shared our first kiss.

I sit down on the ground and lean towards a tree.

"I remember that day like it was yesterday." I say and laugh. "We were both so nervous. We still hadn't confessed our feelings. I never really understood why you chose to be with me. I was, after all, just a simple servant. That was before you knew about my powers, of course." I place my hand on the grass where my one true love lies.

"I don't regret a thing. Not even the fights we had. They made us realize just how much we meant to each other, and how we couldn't be apart from one another." I say with teary eyes and smile sadly.

"You were the best thing that ever happened to me. All of you." In my head I can picture us all sitting here, having a family picnic, just like the old days. I can hear the laughs coming from me and Arthur as Emory and Arthemus runs around. I can feel the touch of his hand against mine and smell the scent of the food we had packed with us that day.

"I love you. I always have and I always will." I whisper and close my eyes, letting the memories flow through my mind.

Our whole life story repeats in my head. From the day I began as Arthurs servant til the day I sat by his lifeless body.

His last words still echoes, "I knew from the moment I laid my eyes on you that my destiny wasn't to become a great king, It was to be yours." After that I head him say the last 'I love you'. I tried everything. I tried to bring him back, as I did with Arthemus and Emory. Even though Gaius always told me that if he dies, he's going to stay dead, I tried to bring him back. But his age caught up with him.

I know that if Gaius was here right now he'd tell me that when my time comes, and it will, it'll be worth the waiting. I've managed to keep the world of magic a secret, which was my new request after Arthurs death, and my time is almost here.

After this, there will be an eternity of happiness. I'll be with my family again. I will see Arthurs face again after all this time.

I will meet my other half again and become whole.

------

This story have come to an end :'(

I want to thank you all for reading and voting and everything. You have no idea how much it means to me! I'm thinking about posting a Destiel fanfic that I wrote a couple of months ago. What are your thoughts about that?

The song on the side is 'Honey jars' by Bryan John Appleby.

Thanks for reading! And lets hope there will be a next time.