Mothers approval

Arthurs POV

"We have too." Merlin complains as he drags me with him. "Not yet." I say and pout like a child. Merlin smirks and continue dragging me along.

All week he's tried to convince me to talk to his mother. She's still uneasy with everything going on between Merlin and I.

"Fine," I man up and take Merlin's small hand in mine, "I'm doing it for you." He smiles and kiss me on the cheek as I blush.

"Look you're blushing!" Merlin says and grins, showing those dimples that I've grown to love. I take my arm around his neck and ruffles his hair until be both falls on the floor, losing our balance. Merlin lands on top of me and smirks. He's a lot heavier that he look.

"I love you princess." He kiss the tip of my nose which makes my cheeks even redder. "I love you too."

"You. Sit." Merlin's mother points at me and then the chair before her. Slowly I sit down at the small wooden chair. "Ma'am I just want you to know that-"

"What exactly is it you want from my son? Did you find out he's a sorcerer and now you want his help?" She says accusingly with a serious tone in her voice. She somehow makes me think of my mother. If she was still here, would she be as protective over me?

"I loved your son before I even knew he was a sorcerer, and I still do." After that being said I feel a slight relief. The words came out much easier than I thought they would.

"I just don't get why?" She buries her head in her hands and let out another long sigh, stiffing a quiet sob.

I smile to myself and look at Merlin, "He's the kindest, smartest and the most generous person I've ever had the fortune to meet." I say and try not to let out a tear myself, "I love the the way he laughs, the way he smiles at the smallest things, I even love how clumsy he is." Merlin lets out a small laugh and blushes at the words. "He's my best friend and more. I can't imagine my life without him."

Merlin's mother sighs in defeat, but can't fight the small smile. "There's really nothing I can say or do to make you stop?" Merlin shakes his head with teary eyes, afraid that his mother might not love him anymore, that he no longer was worthy of her love.

Instead of throwing us out of the house she offers us some food, which we gladly accept. After dinner Merlin and I decides to go back to the castle. I offer his mother a place to stay in the castle but she kindly declines, saying she didn't belong there.

Merlin tries to convince her but she wouldn't have it. She hugs Merlin and kiss him on his cheek before we ride back to Camelot.   

---------

Really short chapter and there's not much happening, I know. There will be more though, like a lot more happening. 

Anyway, thoughts?

The song on the side's 'Take me home' by Jack Savoretti. I love his voice.

Until next time.