Chapter 6: A Lesson, and a Phone Call

Ever since Seravina refused to join their club, Destiny turned all cranky. Well maybe too cranky, because she told Rachel she was not in the mood for club meetings and let her take over. Sadly, Rachel did not have Destiny's leadership (or maybe scariness) quality that only her closest friends attended the club. Seravina was there, biting her lip guiltily.

"I'm really sorry, I really wanted to help. I just..."

"You think you can't," Rachel continued. She was getting used to her excuses that she sighed. "Well, there's no more use of us hanging around here."

Hearing that, Seravina opened her bag and took her phone. Theo stopped her. "Who are you calling?"

"Gregoria," Seravina replied. Realizing that none of them understood, she explained, "She's my older cousin. My mom and I live in her bakery store slash house since my parents' divorce, but since we were young, we're like sisters. She's a man on the inside, so she drives me to and fro."

"Nah, you don't want to bother that sweet woman," Theo swiftly said. "Why don't I drive you home?"

Horror flashed in Seravina's eyes and Rachel giggled. "Come on, Vina, we're all friends now. Do you think Theo is some kind of maniac that will do stuff to you?"

"Yeah, you'll be fine," Rodd laughed and tapped Seravina's back. Again, Seravina was slightly gasping. Theo saw that. Seriously, what was up with her allergy towards the male population? At least with Theo, she was getting better.

"Okay then," Seravina did not want to offend them. Theo hid his excitement and turned to Rachel. "You're fine here?"

"I brought my car too," out of the blue, Rodd blurted. Theo gave him a meaningful smile. "Well you can drive her home, Rodd."

"What..." Rachel's face flushed in redness and Seravina could not help but to laugh too. Theo waved at them. "See you, guys! Remember, no funny business in the car."

"They're actually really cute together," as they reached the parking lot, Theo started talking. Seravina only replied with a short laugh. Gee, he was not even halfway to winning her. Abram had always told him that if he could not make a girl interested in mere talking, she could never lay her eyes on you. Crap!

But there's something else more important than winning her heart, Theo, he told himself as he drove. She needed help.

"Where are we going?" Seravina looked around. "Are you sure this is the right way to my house?"

"I'm taking you for a little road trip, actually. You're welcome," Theo grinned. "Loosen up! I'm not gonna lock you in a warehouse and sell your kidneys to aliens or something."

The car kept speeding. They seemed very far away from St. Salvatore, or even Brusly. All of a sudden, Theo brought his car to a halt. "Welcome to the richest place in the entire universe."

The richest place in the entire universe...?

Seravina looked out the window. She was too shocked and scared that she actually grabbed Theo's arm. Theo held his smile-he just killed two birds with one stone!

"Why did you bring me here?" Seravina did not dare to look at the wide cemetery ground stretched on her left. There was no other colour than the brown of the withering trees and the gray of the ground and the sky that bordered them. It was a foggy evening, and the cemetery looked much creepier than it would during mere daylight.

"Have you ever thought how many people died without living to the fullest?" Theo's voice sounded wise and almost sad. "Without knowing their purpose on earth... and just went through life, just like that?"