Chapter 7: Revealed

This chapter is dedicated to the author of my favorite Wattpad novel, Got to Believe in Love, @profundity! Who knew love triangles and silly bets can make a really good story? Thanks for inspiring me and hope you'll keep reading :))

-

Seravina opened her eyes, feeling the pressure weighing her from the inside as she tried to sit on her bed. She could not be sick again... Not this time. Not when everybody had believed that she was okay...

"The best way to lie is to make yourself believe in the lie itself," a joking voice resounded inside her mind. She felt a gush of cold sweeping over her skin as that voice, that smile and that figure appeared in her memory, like a silent movie unrolled, and she let out a small scream.

"Seravina? What's wrong?" Gregoria dashed into her room.Seravina hugged her two arms together as her breathing started to slow down. "I'm fine. I'm just having... nightmares."

"It's been a while," Gregoria said softly as she tucked her younger cousin into her arms. "It's him again... isn't it?"

Seravina did not answer-the tears rolling on her cheeks did. Gregoria sighed as she wiped them with her finger. "It's just a dream, Vina. He's not gonna come back. I got you now."

"It's not that... scary dream, actually," Seravina sobbed in Gregoria's arms. "Lately, all I've seen in my head are things we went through when we're all still together, you know? It just... hurts that he's not the same person anymore..."

With that words, Gregoria closed her eyes to hold back the tears that were forming. Deep inside, she always missed him. She knew Seravina did, too, in spite of all the pain he had brought to them during those darkened moments.

"Sometimes I envy you for dreaming about him so much," Gregoria chuckled. "But after it crossed my mind, I just feel stupid. Why would I miss an asshole that has ruined your life?"

Seravina stopped crying and gave her a smile. Gregoria stood up. "Have a hot shower. I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

"Because you love him, Ria," Seravina muttered to herself as Gregoria left her room. She held her temples with both hands and tried to catch her breath. At least Gregoria was not suspicious about her health at all.

I'm okay. I'm okay...

-

"Seravina, are you okay?"

Theo's heartbeat started to race when he did not hear Seravina's reply. This just wasn't the usual her. She never slept in class-ever. Especially in Chemistry. Theo drew some robots beside his epic fail diagram of optical isomerism. Without Seravina, he was screwed! Seravina would not take five minutes to deal with all this chiral shit. Theo tried to wake her up again, but their Chemistry teacher, Miss Brooke, interrupted.

"Miss Harvelle, are you finished with your work?" Miss Brooke was not the happy-go-lucky type. "Miss Harvelle, just because you topped my pop quiz yesterday, you have no reason to slack in this-"

"Miss, I think she's sick," Theo stopped her as her loud voice seemed to wake Seravina. Seravina lifted her head and turned to Miss Brooke. Theo could hear Destiny's gasp from the seat behind him as she saw Seravina.

"Are you okay, Vina?" she cried. "You look really pale! Miss Brooke, please, let me bring her to the school clinic."

"Stop with your charades, you two," Miss Brooke snarled. "She's not sick, she's just sleeping in class. Now this is an example for all of you guys-just because you feel like the smartest student here, you can't just expect me to loosen up on you and..."