Chapter 8: At the Hospital

So this chapter is dedicated for the sweetest Wattpad friend of mine, @nerdythortoast! (That's a funny username if you ask me) Thank you for becoming a loyal reader here :p

-

“There’s no way I can be healed now, right, Ria?” Seravina’s eyes looked empty and hopeless. “I shouldn’t be bothering you guys like this…”

 “Hey, look at me,” Gregoria cupped Seravina’s chin and smiled. “Hope is always there. You can’t just give in.”

Seravina rumpled the hospital blanket and sighed. She couldn’t believe she would go through this again. She was in the verge of breaking down and crying when the hospital room suddenly became crowded with cheerful noises.

“Hey there! Crap, class feels so different without you!” Abram waved happily and got by her bed. “Oh boy, look at your hair. The whole world—even this crampy hospital—is a fashion show! Now let me brush your hair a bit…”

Seravina giggled as Rachel got by her other side and rubbed her back. “Are you feeling better? Destiny decided to cancel today’s practice and visit you instead.”

“What? You guys… the competition is coming up,” Seravina protested, but Destiny shook her head. “You’re our biggest star now. There’s no use rehearsing without you. The egghead, on the other hand, doesn’t need anymore practice… Hey, where is he?”

The next second Theo, Rodd and Dean walked into the room as well. Dean smirked. “We gotta distract the nurses so we can have this Krispy Kreme party!” He waved a box of donuts victoriously. Rodd slapped his head. “Calm your tits, man! Food can wait!”

“You can just eat, guys, there’s not much to see here,” Gregoria suggested. But then Theo stopped her, “We don’t come here for mere visiting. Rodd—“ Then, he took a guitar bag that was on Rodd’s back. Rodd shrugged. “You better make me proud, Theo!”

“What’s this about?” Seravina hoped she wasn’t blushing. Theo stood in front of her bed with the guitar, tuning it. “Remember our first meeting?”

“It’s too awkward to be forgotten,” Seravina chuckled. Theo raised his eyebrows, waiting for her to say more. “Okay, okay, it was when you asked me for a song to sing in Destiny’s party.”

“So you’re the genius who picked it?” Destiny exclaimed, but Theo continued, “Yeah. Down, by Jay Sean, should be a really good song too.”

“But you said you couldn’t sing it because…” Seravina closed her eyes as she reminisced that moment.

“I just don’t have the right person to address it to,” Theo started plucking on his guitar strings, playing a slow melody. He smiled and came closer to her. “But now, I do. Pardon me, I'm not as good as Rodd when it comes to guitars, but these are the few things he managed to teach me back at school today...”

Destiny and Abram began “aww”-ing together, but their voices were drowned by Theo’s singing. And both Rachel and Seravina, remembering that day, knew that Theo sounded much better, livelier, as if all his heart was poured out in that song.

You oughta’ know,

Tonight is the night to let it go,

I’ll put on a show...

I wanna see how you lose control

So leave it behind, ‘cause we have a night to get away...

So come on and fly with me as we make a great escape...

So baby don’t worry, you are my only