|Prolouge|

Prologue:
3 years ago

"What if someone finds it?" I ask, uncertain that digging a hole and dropping a valuable item can protect it forever. I mean, it is pretty valuable. A necklace that when worn can transform you into your animal form. Pretty powerful if you ask me. It can be used for evil, but it can also be used for the best of things. But still, it can ruin the life of anyone just by knowing it even exist.

"No one ever comes down here." He says, acting like it was the best explanation. " Plus, I'm covering it with a huge boulder. I doubt anyone would ever try to move it. Especially when it weighs over 40 pounds." He continues, as he moves the Boulder with all force he can muster. He finally covered the hole completely, just as he heard them, the people who were looking for the necklace. The ones we were hiding the necklace from, that would finally let them gain enough money to own a country.

" OVER HERE! I THINK I FOUND THEM!" I heard one of the bulky guys say as he searched the area, looking for where we were hiding. We run out of the secret beach where we were hiding the necklace, so they wouldn't get suspicious. We kept running and stopped in an abandoned alley. I was certain we had gotten away, until I heard the click of a gun reloading.

"Where is it?" I heard the leader of the group say. To say I was scared would be an understatement. I was petrified. What 14 year old would like to have a gun aimed at their head, with a dangerous man who wants the one thing you know you can't give him.

"I-I don't kn-know." My best friend, who had been helping me hide the necklace said, trying to contain his nervous stutter but failing miserably. There were 2 more guys from his group here. One had his gun pointed to my head, and the other one watching it for any bystanders that might interfere.

"I SAID WHERE IS THE NECKLACE!" he said with more force, as the anger in his eyes rose. You could visibly see him shaking with anger and frustration.

"I-I said I d-don't know!" My best friend said again. Not being able to hold back the tears that streamed down his pale and frightened face.

"Master, just kill him already. He has no use to us. He refuses to tell us so let's make him pay the hard way." Said one of his minions that supported him. Hearing this made me fear for my best friend. I loved him with all my heart and I would never forgive myself if he was killed because of me, if I even make it out alive.

"GODDAMMIT ROBIN, IM GETTING THERE!" Said the leader to his minion, whose name was supposedly Robin. He  looked taken back by his leader's response but quickly regained himself, and proceeded to continue his lookout for bystanders.

"You have 5 seconds before I kill you!" He said to me best friend. I couldn't help but cry myself, as I watched my best friend about to be killed.

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

" Times up! Do you have anything to say before you die?" He said with a triumphant smirk plastered on his face.

"I love you, even though this might be your fault. If you ever make it it alive, please don't forget me." He said with a sad smile on his face.

" Such an inspiring speech, to bad it's going to waste." He said as he shot the bullet through my best friend's head. The person who has supported my through all this. My shoulder to cry on. The one person I truly loved. All gone because one stupid mistake I made.

"NOOOOOOOOO, YOU BASTARD. I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!" I said, as I watched my best friend's body fall limply to the concrete floor. The leader looks at me and smirks. I'm not going to make it out alive. He's going to kill me.

"Why don't you tell me where it is? It will save you the pain of dying." He said as he reloaded the gun again and pressed it against my forehead.

" I will NEVER tell you where it is. You will never find it. Kill me if you want, because even if I told you, you would still kill me anyway." I said, not knowing where my burst of confidence came from. I smirk triumphantly, because even though I'm doing to die, he won't get what he wanted.

"Very well." He says. He pulled the trigger and time seemed to have slowed down completely. My last thoughts before the bullet entered my head were:

'Good luck to whoever finds that necklace'
________________________________________
Hi! What you just read is how the necklace that will appear later in the story was placed where one of the characters finds it. Chapters will be longer than this (about 10-15 pages). I update this story once a week (no specific day).

~Alina